New Bike

FrankV

I’m deciding between the Remedy and Fuel EX 9.8. I’ll be using it around here and at creek, but really stuck. Both come with a fox 36, and I’ll bring the fuel to 150mm up front if I get it.

Give me some input

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I know nothing of trek so I can’t give any feedback. There are a ton of other really good bikes on the market.. any reason it’s Trek or Trek?

FrankV

I know nothing of trek so I can’t give any feedback. There are a ton of other really good bikes on the market.. any reason it’s Trek or Trek?
I work at a trek shop, so the discounts are pretty sweet ?

jackx

The Fuel EX 9.8 looks sweet, with the Fox 36 with Grip 2 damper, but EVERYTHING is Bontrager on the bike, and the dropper post is reported to be crap. I am not familiar with the specs on the Remedy.

Hope the shop you work at has both models available to demo, which would help make the most-informed decision.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the dropper post is reported to be crap.

The line dropper post is fine. The v1 was craps I killed two in under a year, the v2 that replaced it is 2 years old and still going strong

But i agree with @soundguythe slash is more downhill oriented if that's what you want to do

FrankV

The line dropper post is fine. The v1 was craps I killed two in under a year, the v2 that replaced it is 2 years old and still going strong

But i agree with @soundguythe slash is more downhill oriented if that's what you want to do
True true, might be leaning towards that now. I do like 29ers quite a bit. How does the slash jump?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
True true, might be leaning towards that now. I do like 29ers quite a bit. How does the slash jump?
I actually didn’t realize they turned the slash into a 29er. I see a lot of people ripping them at the mountain. It looks like a fun park bike but might be a bit much on your local trails.... then again I ride a 170mm travel bike on every trail in north jersey and it’s awesome, but be prepared to get stronger thighs lol.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I realize I'm a bit late, but I just came here to say:

1594515273584.gif

Top Bottom