New bike for Jay

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I just ordered a Zion 660Ebb frame and some other small parts.

heythorp

you are buying an ecentric bottom bracket frame, So you will need an ecentric bottom bracket. While the cranks will work, the bottom bracket will not. Those are the cranks I have on the SAss they are really good.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
you are buying an ecentric bottom bracket frame, So you will need an ecentric bottom bracket. While the cranks will work, the bottom bracket will not. Those are the cranks I have on the SAss they are really good.

Can you point me in the direction of the BB I will need?

heythorp

its a great idea to build up your own bike. but to be honest I think you will be happier and have a lot less stress if you buy a complete bike. there are so many good options out there

but to answer you question, i would have to look for the correct bottom bracket, and I am eating dinner right now so you will have to wait.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
its a great idea to build up your own bike. but to be honest I think you will be happier and have a lot less stress if you buy a complete bike. there are so many good options out there

I have never once been happy with the stock components on a bike so unless I sell the heckler, this is probably the only way for me to go. The only thing left for me to deal with is the crank/BB and everything else is coming off the rockhopper. I also picked up a thompson seatpost and WTB seat on clearance.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Those cranks will work. The eccentric is part of the frame, so to speak, and you mount the BB within the eccentric. Lots of guys run external bearings with eccentric BB shells.

heythorp

ah ha, i thought the eccentic part of the BB and the BB were all internal, I did not know you could do that, thats cool actually.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
heythorp said:
not like they shipped it yet, its sunday. I love to cancel orders online :D
naaaa, i've had my eyes on it for a while and I saved a crap load of $ buy building it up and using some of my parts.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you probably can buy just the frameset scott. redline was always good like that in the past.

Top Bottom