New Bike Day!

jklett

I went and done it, I got a funny looking bike with skinny tires. I have a bunch of dialing in to do but it seems good so far. It's a few years old(2013) but it's practically brand new. The nubbies are still on the tires and the brakes aren't bedded in yet. Now I can ride when the trails are swampy and play don't get run over!
IMG_20190109_191133209.jpg

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went and done it, I got a funny looking bike with skinny tires. I have a bunch of dialing in to do but it seems good so far. It's a few years old(2013) but it's practically brand new. The nubbies are still on the tires and the brakes aren't bedded in yet. Now I can ride when the trails are swampy and play don't get run over! View attachment 84971

If you want a tour of the farmlands of NNJ, don't hesitate. On a typical Saturday/Sunday am, I've ridden for 4+ miles without having a car pass me. Point is...not a tremendous amount of vehicle traffic out here in the country.

jklett

If you want a tour of the farmlands of NNJ, don't hesitate. On a typical Saturday/Sunday am, I've ridden for 4+ miles without having a car pass me. Point is...not a tremendous amount of vehicle traffic out here in the country.
I will have to take you up on that at some point, the most road I've done so far is the 1/2 mile to the D&R canal.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Sora derailleurs, fsa compact crank, it's all pretty much entry level stuff. Tires are too damn skinny though, my fat ass is gonna wreck 'em.
Not sure if you saw on my blog... but I got an older set of 105 brifters if you want. But I just can't find the barrel adjusters for them.

qclabrat

I went and done it, I got a funny looking bike with skinny tires. I have a bunch of dialing in to do but it seems good so far. It's a few years old(2013) but it's practically brand new. The nubbies are still on the tires and the brakes aren't bedded in yet. Now I can ride when the trails are swampy and play don't get run over! View attachment 84971
Congrats, I might have a better derailleur in my bins, 10spd @Paul H ?

edit, yes...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sora derailleurs, fsa compact crank, it's all pretty much entry level stuff. Tires are too damn skinny though, my fat ass is gonna wreck 'em.

Congrats!!!

pump em up! all good - i rode the crap out of mine at a size XXL, and the tires were fine.
one thing you'll learn is to "ride light"

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
are you going to use the crispy old Giant?
Yeah... Have most of the parts except wheels and bar. Frame is hanging on my garage wall right now. Still not sure how to strip the paint on the carbon fork. What I have read so far says to use sandpaper and go manual.... too much work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom