New 29er Squisher

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So many suspension designs are starting to look the same. That bike could easily be a Niner, Giant or Spesh.

For sure... There are only so many ways to make a bike that will work for the masses.

Since Giant probably makes them all anyway it makes sense. Giant still has no 29er for 09'. The bike designers are all short dudes from socal and they don't get it.

My rep is pissed as hell since he knows that they are off the back on the 29 thing.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
looks pretty cool - one thing i am looking for in my next ride (most likely a FS 29er) is slightly slacker HA. all the 29ers i have been interested in all seem to have the 71 or 72 degree HA. i guess i'll need a little more travel in the fork for a good 29er geometry, and travel in the 29er realm is still in the works. i would just like to see a 68-69 degree HA, just so i don't have to think so much on the steeper and technical stuff.

i think i will just have to wait for the niner WFO... or save up for a lenz.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Giant still has no 29er for 09'. The bike designers are all short dudes from socal and they don't get it. .

But seriously, does Giant think it's just a fad? They've got to be the last remaining major bike maker without a 29er.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
But seriously, does Giant think it's just a fad? They've got to be the last remaining major bike maker without a 29er.

I haven't been assimilated into the 29er Borg (yet), but I don't see how at this point and time anybody could really think it is a "fad". Will we see 26ers go away, no way. I think 29ers are here to stay too. Besides, not too many things that hang around for 10-15 years, and constantly grow in popularity, are fads...right?

When I ride at MD, it seems almost half our fellow mtb'ers I meet are rollin' on 29 inch wheels. When I was up at KVSP on Saturday, it was no where near half, but there were plenty.

Anyway, it is not unusual for companies to be late to the game on certain concepts. It happens in a lot of industries...there were folks very late to jump into the mini-van and SUV thing too back in the day. One could argue resources, though based on my way-too-many-years in product development, it has more to do with lack of forward thinking and a trying to justify that by saying "we're going to focus on what we're good at while these other companies dilute their focus on XYZ".

Top Bottom