Neshaminy Mountain Bike Trails - Closed

Mountain Bike Mike

89276C8D-91E9-4F2D-AE2A-44B7764FA5D5.png

szymon

They're probably going to be removing the bad trees and don't want anyone riding around while there felling trees.

Ian F

I ride with a guy who is close to the trail builders there. We talked yesterday about this. I live near Nesh and like to ride there after work since I'm not near 6MR anymore.

First, the school district doesn't have the budget to go into the woods and fell dead and dying trees. Hence the lawyer-driven "woods closed" signs. Bearing in mind, this closure affects a number of school programs that use the woods as part of the curriculum.

Second, riding there will generally be a "don't ask, don't tell, at your own risk" thing. Patrolling is not likely, but if anyone gets hurt and requires medical extraction, there could be serious consequences. Our plan is to pretty much avoid riding there until after the school year is finished and there will be considerably less official presence.

Third, the Neshaminy Classic race is very unlikely due to this, which sucks.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I ride with a guy who is close to the trail builders there. We talked yesterday about this. I live near Nesh and like to ride there after work since I'm not near 6MR anymore.

First, the school district doesn't have the budget to go into the woods and fell dead and dying trees. Hence the lawyer-driven "woods closed" signs. Bearing in mind, this closure affects a number of school programs that use the woods as part of the curriculum.

Second, riding there will generally be a "don't ask, don't tell, at your own risk" thing. Patrolling is not likely, but if anyone gets hurt and requires medical extraction, there could be serious consequences. Our plan is to pretty much avoid riding there until after the school year is finished and there will be considerably less official presence.

Third, the Neshaminy Classic race is very unlikely due to this, which sucks.
Unfortunate news about the race, @Mountain Bike Mike was scheduled to win it this year.

Ian F

Hopefully we'll be wrong and the race happens despite the lawyers, but we know how that goes. I don't have my hopes up.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This sounds like an opportunity for sone Grant money. The pros come in and release the hangers, qualified volunteers come in to buck and clear.

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems reasonable, given the multi use nature and the school.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Any update on this? Are the trails still closed?
Yes, drove by there this morning, the sign is still there. The trails are in good condition and certainly not no one has been riding them condition. A number of fresher log cuts too. The lower half of the bowtie is a river at the moment but other than that, good.

Top Bottom