Neshaminy High School Trail

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I finally rode here yesterday and I am not sure why I waited so long. As many of your know, this is the lcoation of the Neshaminy Classic every year and is located behind the high school in Langhorne, PA.

Does anyone have a map of the area? I think I hit the majority of the stuff with the exception of a few connector trails.

Overall the place is fun and has a bit of elevation change and some good easy tech stuff. I found one downhill section that was mucho fun and I rode it 3 or 4 times. Another downhill has some cool swooping switchback things. There is a cool log ride that starts at a height of 1' and goes up to about 3'. There is some super sketchy drop off someone built that starts on a log ride about 10' off the ground and has a jump built out of plywood to maybe a 6' drop to landing, it is mucho sketchy. I can't upload my GPS because I recorded too many points, grrrrrrrrrrr.

Any info would help....

MMuller

Really fun place. Closer for me than CR even. Maybe because it's PA it's off NJ radar. Great mix of logs and a couple nice climbs. That downhill switchback section gets the blood flowing for sure. Unfortunately, 1st and only time I rode was my 1st attempt at racing sport. Those semi techy sections get way tougher the 3rd time around! Have to get out there and hit again soon.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
my sister and bro-in-law lived a few minutes from here before they moved down south. i rode here a couple times and always had a good time. i'll ask my bro-in-law if he has a map of the place. i know he does have some video lyin' around somewhere.

Suhr40

Maybe try checking with the school. They have classes that ride on and maintain the trails, or so I was told. Also, the race is part of the mid atlantic superseries, maybe they have something downloadable. It's a nice tight and twisty piece of real estate, they really get a lot from the amount of space in there.

The Kalmyk

Another option is to drive down and take the Neshamidy exit off rt 1...

Then stop by a local business tell your lost and looking for the High School and before you know it your there....

Works every time:D

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I remember somebody posting the motionbased for the race course, maybe it was fred. . .

The Kalmyk

I am doing this race so I headed out today to check this place out... Just ok if you ask me... It is going to be one hell of a sprint to get into the woods

s4lnj

i seriouslly considering making this my second race as well.

kjv, you've got a pm coming your way

BShow

I am doing this race so I headed out today to check this place out... Just ok if you ask me... It is going to be one hell of a sprint to get into the woods

Its not so bad. There's a good half mile, maybe more of field/road before you duck into the singletrack. You get a lot more room here than a lot of other races I've been to.

Sjorge3442

I will prob race this race. Gonna make it my first race. I have ridden here quite a bit in the past weeks so hopefully i can stay inshape/get into shape for the race lol.

s4lnj

i have a strange question. i was checking out last years results to see what kinda times guys were pulling.

it ad lap 1 listed and everyone was in the teens. like 13-17 minutes.
lap 2 and on were like 35-55 minutes depending on class.

do they start out with a half lap or something like that?

Ian F

i have a strange question. i was checking out last years results to see what kinda times guys were pulling.

it ad lap 1 listed and everyone was in the teens. like 13-17 minutes.
lap 2 and on were like 35-55 minutes depending on class.

It's been awhile since I've been to this race (the local LBS Guy's is one of my long-time shops), but I think they do a "start" lap around on the grass to spread out the field a bit before going into the single-track. Don't hold me to that, tho. From what I remember, since the single track is fairly wide, passing isn't too hard.

kush

Single track is super tight, no passing. There are though plenty of opportunities to pass, particularly on the climbs.

BShow

Last year they did a prologue... maybe a mile or two of trail then they send you out on the main course. The start was the same... about a half mile or so in the field/road before funnelling down into the singletrack. You only do the prologue once at the beginning of the race. Last year it was super muddy and people were sliding all over the place, so times will be comparatively slow. Previous years had been dry and fast.

Top Bottom