Needed - physics/field theory equations aloud. Will pay actual cash.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless you're Richard Feynman, who can hear this while in their car and understand it?

I'm actually looking at this and not understanding why it's complicated. If you threw the equations at me blind, sure. But the values and the purpose is explained in the text.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless you're Richard Feynman, who can hear this while in their car and understand it?

This thought did strike me. You can pretty much just say anything, and the people who will get it, will get it. Example:

"So you take the closed-V that looks like a flying V guitar and multiply it by B and then B again and divide it by lowercase U, subscript 0. This equals F-mag, the magnetic force. That's equation 24."

Seriously equation 27, just text-to-voice some Chinese writing and it'll be sufficient. Ain't nobody got time to follow that.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pretty sure my biostatistics professor from last year could read/interpret that no problem, but it'd be in a slight accent...that dude was no joke with the equations and formulas. I think he took pity on me ;)

StayHydrated

Swedish Chef
damn difficult to read that crap - i was thinking Tim should belt it out - come on @StayHydrated ! better than karaoke!
What about @jmanic ? he got math coming out his...ears. And has mellow tone.

I tried reading this aloud to myself and something about saying "the quantity of the magnetic field vector and the dot product of the gradient, multiplied again by the magnetic field vector, all divided by the vacuum permeability" just feels very awkward. Assuming you want to hear the name of the value and not just "mu-naught"? Either way, I don't envy whoever winds up reading this.

If we're doing science karaoke, this is more my speed:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I tried reading this aloud to myself and something about saying "the quantity of the magnetic field vector and the dot product of the gradient, multiplied again by the magnetic field vector, all divided by the vacuum permeability" just feels very awkward. Assuming you want to hear the name of the value and not just "mu-naught"? Either way, I don't envy whoever winds up reading this.

If we're doing science karaoke, this is more my speed:

if they are listening, it probably isn't awkward for them at all !
you just holding out for more $$$ ?

my kid is doing something with electron streams and magnetic fields - of course i got the high school "when is this important in real life?"
then i had to explain how tvs/monitors used to work before flat screens.

Top Bottom