needed: people who RIDE early on weekends

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, so i got smacked around by the wife yesterday and it looks like my late morning into early afternoon rides with heythorp on the weekends are going to be over for a little while.

so, is anyone up for riding at around 9:00 or so? i know there are a few folks who "need" to get out earlier (7:00 is VERY early, especially in the winter). the three most logical places would probably be mooch, kvsp or mahlon. post up, maybe we can get something together.

jake

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes but I may still need to shoot for the earlier side, as you mention. 9:00 works sometimes. Maybe 8:30 or 8:00 other times. The later the start, the shorter my ride, in general. Having said that, I may be on the shelf this weekend. Maybe throw in LM occasionally?

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
9am is the latest ANY ride should start!! I try to do something both days every wknd so i'm almost always somewhere anyway. 7am starts w/ snow are great cause they make you suffer and cry.I am fine w/ all mentioned park and i also know stokes, Waway and stewart up in NY. See ya ................

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
Yes but I may still need to shoot for the earlier side, as you mention. 9:00 works sometimes. Maybe 8:30 or 8:00 other times. The later the start, the shorter my ride, in general. Having said that, I may be on the shelf this weekend. Maybe throw in LM occasionally?

i actually forgot about LM. but i'm fine with anywhere between 8:00 and 9:00.

Mike679

Early is always good for me. Real early is even better, though I rarely seem to be riding on the days that people are meeting up for some reason. Three kids ages seven & under leaves little time for mid-day or afternoon excursions. I pack up all my stuff, fill the Camelbak, lay out all my clothes, and tune up my bike the night before and tip-toe out of the house so as to not cause any of the kids to wake up - that would be bad.

Post those early rides, you may be surprised at the number of people that show up. It's kind of nice to be done with a ride before 11:00 am and have your wife say "wow, you're home early" when you walk through the door.

Mike

xc62701

I'm up for those early rides. Anywhere between 7 and 9 is fine for me. As soon as I get done nursing this sore ankle I'll be out in full force again-sprained it on my Turkey Day ride. I should be good to go as early as this weekend. Training has started for next season. It's gonna be fun!

Ryan H.

heythorp

bonefishjake said:
ok, so i got smacked around by the wife yesterday and it looks like my late morning into early afternoon rides with heythorp on the weekends are going to be over for a little while.

so, is anyone up for riding at around 9:00 or so? i know there are a few folks who "need" to get out earlier (7:00 is VERY early, especially in the winter). the three most logical places would probably be mooch, kvsp or mahlon. post up, maybe we can get something together.

jake

did you read this thread?
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374

heythorp

Yeah yeah, if you hired me then you would have someone to ride with during the week and then their would be no concerns. Damn the cubical is depressing

Top Bottom