Need your help

Frank

Sasquatch
I know many of you work different schedules and ride at varying times at Allaire. It would seem that we have a tree/shrub cutting, log removing, trail destroying .......person/persons who just doesn't get it. If you should witness this.....person/persons please do not approach but try and find out vehicle info and PM it to me so I can alert the authorities. I would appreciate any help that can be offered on this. Again don't squash the bug just need the info and I'll let the park handle the rest. Thank you all.

bullit398

Yea, greg and I we totally bummed by whats going on out there. I know someone who ran accross an older hiker who said that the trails were too hard to walk and he was going to remove logs. This might be the culprit, but who knows. I would propose that everyone put stuff back where it was. If you see something out of place put it back. There's alot more of us than there are of them, and if we all keep putting things back hopefully the person will just give up. Between that and tryinging to identify the guilty party hopefully we can get through this with our trails still being a little challenging. Is that a reasonable course of action Frank?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It still might be a biker I see in the tiger woods section where the three log pile is someone made a little trail around it and there were tracks in it.
I also think whom ever is up to this has a saw I did see wood chips by the blue trail where the S;s were put back to the straight line this is also where I lost my BB I think...
l8tr

dualfisted

I've put a couple things back, still plenty more. Whoever it is really likes their trails flat. What a ridiculous bunch of C-rap. I've got my eyes open. Maybe I'll put the logs back, but with a log that is twice the size, haha.

Frank

Sasquatch
Yea, greg and I we totally bummed by whats going on out there. I know someone who ran accross an older hiker who said that the trails were too hard to walk and he was going to remove logs. This might be the culprit, but who knows. I would propose that everyone put stuff back where it was. If you see something out of place put it back. There's alot more of us than there are of them, and if we all keep putting things back hopefully the person will just give up. Between that and tryinging to identify the guilty party hopefully we can get through this with our trails still being a little challenging. Is that a reasonable course of action Frank?

Absolutely Bullit….as a matter of fact I rode today and was asked about the damage by a few folks. The same solution was mentioned, but I still want this ……..person identified and dealt with. He upset a lot of people, and I sent what little info I had to the Park Super who forwarded it to the Park Police Sgt. The sad thing is that he is also cutting “Fall Line” shortcuts in Tiger Woods……this sucks. I may put a crew together this week to do a “log replacement” ride as well as to “brush” the shortcuts.

Frank

Sasquatch
I've put a couple things back, still plenty more. Whoever it is really likes their trails flat. What a ridiculous bunch of C-rap. I've got my eyes open. Maybe I'll put the logs back, but with a log that is twice the size, haha.

I hope the log lands on the idiots head. :mad2: I heard from more than one source that it is NOT a biker, but that does not mean we kick all non-biker ass.;)

Frank

Sasquatch
It still might be a biker I see in the tiger woods section where the three log pile is someone made a little trail around it and there were tracks in it.
I also think whom ever is up to this has a saw I did see wood chips by the blue trail where the S;s were put back to the straight line this is also where I lost my BB I think...
l8tr

That's a totally different issue :rolleyes:

Frank

Sasquatch
l8tr

A park rep. went out with a chainsaw at my request to take care of the clothes liner on the hog bog. I could have spent a lot of time with a bow saw on that but I'm just too lazy. I think that's all he did though.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Absolutely Bullit….as a matter of fact I rode today and was asked about the damage by a few folks. The same solution was mentioned, but I still want this ……..person identified and dealt with. He upset a lot of people, and I sent what little info I had to the Park Super who forwarded it to the Park Police Sgt. The sad thing is that he is also cutting “Fall Line” shortcuts in Tiger Woods……this sucks. I may put a crew together this week to do a “log replacement” ride as well as to “brush” the shortcuts.

I'm in for the ride, and for getting things put back to right.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Trees

Let me know if you want us to throw some logs in the truck and take a ride down. Could do it after TM this weekend!!!

Let me know if the 3rd or 4th works better for you on the Flat Lander Tour!

dualfisted

I'm down for a trip to replace obstacles. I'm possibly off wed/ thurs this week, but that's yet to be confirmed as I haven't officially started my regular schedule yet. I'm working this weekend though if that's the case, so, no riding for me fri, sat, or sunday........ Then I get mon and tues off though, so, it's all a big tradeoff. Anyway, keep me posted on this one Frank....... lates, TJ

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I may put a crew together this week to do a “log replacement” ride as well as to “brush” the shortcuts.
As I can't make the TM this Sunday and I am going to try and get out Weds. and Thurs. after work as long as it is not a hammerfest.
I am up for this let me know what time I can get there by 16:30.

T

tirezondamtn

I agree

My rides have been duller and duller each Sunday I go out. We need to catch the culprit!! For now I try to rearrange what I can as there is nothing too strenuous for anyone who is fit enough to be out there hiking in the first place.

I tried the other side of the lot trails for the first time in a while and had a wild ride, love the slight downhill stretch starting with a jump and them whoopdies.

Any advice on the best Morris cty spots as I libve up here during the week?

Shaggz

A strong 7
Where in Morris do you "live"? Mahlon Dickerson, the Tourne, Mahlon Dickerson, Lewis Morris, Mahlon Dickerson. Did I say Mahlon Dickerson :D?

dualfisted

If you see a Grizzly Adams lookin' dude out there makin' trails around logs, or movin' logs, I had a talk with him today. He seemed to "get it" that doin' unauthorized TM was not only illegal, but a big no no, but who knows. The true identifier when you see this whackjob is the ankle weights. He said the logs make him trip and fall. I think he had one too many trips in the 60's. Anyway, hopefully we get the nutjob to stop doing stupid crap to the trails. TJ

T

tirezondamtn

parsippany..I will try Mahlon; If I see a tripped out power walker I will send the message

dualfisted

Haha, the power walkin, ankle weight wearin', log movin', tripped out Grizzly Adams dude, complained about me and said he fell again so he's not coming back. Our big loss, WOO HOO. It would've been more classic if he had showed up at the TM like I told him he should do.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions