Need trail info for Jungle Habitat

NJMX835

What other trails are at JH besides the switchbacks up from the parking area & the trail that follows the perimeter of the upper (big) parking lots?

I know there are others & I'd like to expand my usual loop there this week.

By the way, excellent job on the trail building to whoever did them, the trails I have ridden there are absolutely wicked.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
hey thanks for the kudos... praise be to the locals who keep coming back month after month and putting in quality time, and trail count slowly grows. I wish it was faster but... we're getting there. :)

that said, we completed a 3rd trail called Dump Truck Hill on Saturday. To get to it, you need to hang a left at the kiosk, ride "Lower Shute" behind Gaglianos hit the pavement, make a left and enter on the right (the 2nd right) and start climbing.

I'm about 80% done with the trail map but I'm having trouble with a couple of finishing touches. Promise it will be soon and will be posted up asap.

This reminds me that I have to post up a thank you to the 13 volunteers that came out and completed the second half of dumptruck hill. :)

mergs

ps. due to the all the pavement and exposed bedrock, the place drains like shyte... its a complete slopfest back there now so if folks could try and head elsewhere until we get past this terrible weather, it would help out a lot. we have wheel-deep ruts galore right now.

NJMX835

Thanks Mergs, I'm definitly going to check it out as soon as things dry up.

I'll try to make it out give you guys a hand next time you're building.

Hey, wasn't there another trail that climbs up the mountain from back where the cages & the main part of the park are?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Thanks Mergs, I'm definitly going to check it out as soon as things dry up.

I'll try to make it out give you guys a hand next time you're building.

Hey, wasn't there another trail that climbs up the mountain from back where the cages & the main part of the park are?

There are a few ATV trails up top, some circling the outside perimeter fence, not too bad as far as dbl track goes, and def. part of our "normal loop" now. But we hope to replace most of that with new single track eventually.

NJMX835

Oh ok, so that's what that is, I've never been up that part, but knew it was there.

It's cool more trails are being built, right now I usually just climb the switchbacks, take the trail around the parking lot & go back down the switchbacks.

It'll be nice to be able to add some more singletrack to the loop.

Like I said, great work on the trails there, the whole loop is just nonstop fun, one end to the other. :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
JH is when it a LOT of fun. I remember going there with my family when I was a kid. It is really cool to have the opportunity to ride there.

Top Bottom