need the Wawayanda tour

PTB66

I'm thinking about doing the Wawayanda H2H race (cat 3) but I've never been there (or anywhere up north) before.
Looking to get some kind of tour on Sunday (5th) around 9:30-10:00am so I can get an idea of what I'm in for.
Post up if interested in giving a tour or if others that have never been there want to check out some new terrain with me.

Sircrashalot

Racing it also...never raced b4...never been b4....cant go on Sunday & it might be too muddy.....if u get to check it out please post some kind of noob descripetion of the place :D

PTB66

I think I'm going to try this on my own tomorrow. Found some maps, trail info and a pretty detailed route to take that looks like last years race course.
I should be there around 930-10 If I can get my ass out of the house by 8...Still if anyone wants to join in or better yet, lead that would be cool.

Last edited:

PTB66

Racing it also...never raced b4...never been b4....cant go on Sunday & it might be too muddy.....if u get to check it out please post some kind of noob descripetion of the place :D

You need to ride this place before the race. I usually ride 6 mile, Allaire and Hartshorne...None of these compare to the terrain up there...I'm not saying it's better...Just completely different. Definitely more technical.
On some trails it's rock garden after rock garden.
I was lucky enough to hook up with a few guys up there who gave me a tour. It's tough stuff if you're not used to it.
In my time there I endo'd once, got a knot on my shin , wet foot, from getting stuck in a rocky ass stream crossing and swallowed a bug.
One guy bent his derailer hanger, another got a puncture in the shin after an endo...good times.

Still, the whole time there I was smiling ear to ear. It's just so different it was like learning to ride all over again.
Very cool. Had a blast. Goin back for more next week.:D

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
You need to ride this place before the race. I usually ride 6 mile, Allaire and Hartshorne...None of these compare to the terrain up there...I'm not saying it's better...Just completely different. Definitely more technical.
On some trails it's rock garden after rock garden.

Rocks take some getting used to.

PTB...you weren't with MATT9ers' group of merry men were you?
Everybody and their uncle was at Waway on Sunday.

PTB66

Welcome to Waway! Shoot me a line if you want a tour next weekend.

Thanks...Lets see what the weather does. I'm going to try to get there once a week before the race.

PTB...you weren't with MATT9ers' group of merry men were you?

Nope.

The guys I rode with were John,Dino,George.

Everybody and their uncle was at Waway on Sunday.

including one black bear.....

I saw about 4 or 5 guys hit the trail about 5 minutes before me. I took the same route and saw them coming back..As they were riding by they told me there was a huge black bear a little ways up the trail and suggested I turn around.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions