Need Recommendations for Door Repair/Replacement Expert - Ocean County

Rogers

Looking for recommendations for someone to repair or replace my rear exterior door. Location northern Ocean County.

Backstory - I have a rear exterior entry door facing north/northeast. I had the door replaced a few years ago with a Therma-Tru door and Anderson storm door. I had the door replaced because the original Therma-Tru door had water infiltrating the door frame and rotted out on the frame on the hinge side. The new Therma-Tru door and Anderson storm door is still leaking and there is water damage accumulating around the sub floor and hardwood floor on the inside of the home. I tried to seal every single thing I could find, but still there is water leaking in. I would like to have the doors repaired/reinstalled/new doors/new exterior flashing/new door pan whatever will prevent the water from entering the home. I would also like the subfloor and rotten wood replaced or repaired. If you are anyone you know has a recommendation please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately I'm too far away to take on your project but my curiosity of your situation has me intrigued.
Provide some pics and maybe I can identify some possible ideas. Unless it's bad flashing job I can't imagine your getting a constant northern driving rain. Maybe adding a portico or porch canopy is necessary.

Rogers

@mattybfat thanks for the reply. After watching a ton of Youtube videos I think the problem is either no door pan or a shitty door pan installation. Also it might be possible that the J-Channel/Flashing job around the door is not right. The exterior door and storm door are in good shape. I think what needs to be done is remove both doors, access the damage, repair the subfloor with wood epoxy (I actually bought it already), install a proper door pan, and then reinstall the doors. I provided some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpg
    IMG_3268.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3270.jpg
    IMG_3270.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18

qclabrat

Similar problem in Monmouth cty. Though front door need a storm door to stop heavy rain and rear needs better landscaping to redirect water. How's the runoff of rain water in the rear?

Top Bottom