Need new pedals

The Time atac Z pedals have about a 5" platform, plenty for regular shoes. They don't have the little traction pins like true flat platform pedals, but thats a good thing unless you wear shin protection full time.

BTW, they are on sale for $69 at pricepoint.

Do you guys feel that those Time Atac Z pedals (mentioned and posted above) offer enough of a platform to use with regular shoes around town? They look nice, and provided the platform is large enough, I may start surfing the net for a sale...

Thanks guys!

Yep, they are plenty wide for regular shoes... I do like mine.

The added benefit, is its actually handy to have that platform when you arrive at a group ride with OUT your spd shoes. But I've never done that. :rolleyes:

Sweet. I'm ready to pull the trigger on these. Thanks for the notice regarding the sale; that'll save me some cash.

One last thing, I was reading some the reviews on these pedals over at mtbr and some people were complaining that the cleats didn't fit real with their spd shoes. I noticed that some of the posts were from some time ago. Perhaps, Time has addressed this?

Thanks again you guys!

Sweet. I'm ready to pull the trigger on these. Thanks for the notice regarding the sale; that'll save me some cash.

One last thing, I was reading some the reviews on these pedals over at mtbr and some people were complaining that the cleats didn't fit real with their spd shoes. I noticed that some of the posts were from some time ago. Perhaps, Time has addressed this?

Thanks again you guys!

I've used these pedals with 6 different pairs of shoes. Only one of them needed some minor shaving of rubber off the tread of the shoe to fit right. I just used a utility knife to shave away the excess material on the bottom of the shoe. If you have hard plastic bottoms on your shoes, a dremel would probably work better. It's not really anything to worry about.

I'm about to try Eggbeaters, after 15 years on SPDs, based on my CX ambitions for this fall. Should be interesting.

Neither the brass cleat or the lack of tension adjustment are exciting me, but I know that SPDs are worthless when muddy running is part of the deal.

chris i honestly think your legs are too powerful for them. go with times if you want mud clearance.

I'm about to try Eggbeaters, after 15 years on SPDs, based on my CX ambitions for this fall. Should be interesting.

Neither the brass cleat or the lack of tension adjustment are exciting me, but I know that SPDs are worthless when muddy running is part of the deal.

never thought of that w/ cx and spd's good point...I need to get me a cross bike! Maybe next season.

chris i honestly think your legs are too powerful for them. go with times if you want mud clearance.

I bet the times would work well. Something about eggbeaters that i dont like...IDK

Hadn't considered this, as I see guys who look way burlier than I who are running CB pedals. But now you've got me thinking.

I just know I've got to have something more mud-proof than SPDs, so it comes down to CB vs. Time.

question is, have they been running them more than a year? on the road maybe, but anything requiring alot of body english and possibly bunnyhopping, i would avoid cb. just based on personal experience and having seen others come unclipped at really inopportune times.

Time Pedals

I take it back on the time pedals....I guess they are not bulletproof, I discovered this today while riding....:(

P7090028.jpg

First the cracked frame now the broken pedal, I think I need to lay off the BEANS!

How on earth did you break that? It doesn't even look like a stress point where it snapped.

That is what I want to know!! I don't know if I broke it during our ride @ Skyline or I broke it yesterday.:mad:

Got with the Time pedals. They have a much different engagement feel than spd's but you won't pop out in technical stuff.

Flat are good too, but if you ride AM of XC, clips will do you good.

Back
Top Bottom