need for wayfinding signage?

wonderturtle

baboyoty - I hope you saw the thread where I thanked you guys. you guys saved my hide. I certainly learned a few lessons on that ride. :cool:

you probably wouldnt believe it but I have actually been mountain biking, on and off, for almost 20 years (more off really). if I come off as a newbie, its because I've only recently (last 6 months or so) started to take it more seriously.

What time do you guys go on the Tues rides?

Last edited:

BABOYTOY

baboyoty - I hope you saw the thread where I thanked you guys. you guys saved my hide. I certainly learned a few lessons on that ride. :cool:

you probably wouldnt believe it but I have actually been mountain biking, on and off, for almost 20 years (more off really). if I come off as a newbie, its because I've only recently (last 6 months or so) started to take it more seriously.

What time do you guys go on the Tues rides?

I usually do WVP (Chimney Rock) on Tuesdays but now with the sun going to sleep a tad earlier Tuesdays ride will start to morph into 6 mile ride. Usually we start at 6 and are done in time for beer and Korean-Mex dishes from the heavens! I will post my next ride for you Turtle Dude, live long, oh Terrapin one.
PS, I hope you picked up a new rear tire:D

wonderturtle

yup I picked up a tire. and will now carry a spare tube. patch kits dont always cut it.

live and learn. live and learn.

Biskey is his humanoid form...

Gremlin is his REAL form... That's why he prefers to ride in daylight... so he can remain humanoid.... Good thing you left us when you did, TDude... Once darkness descends he turns back into the Gremlin, and then all our tools go missing.... My pack was literally empty by the time we were eating Korean Burritos...

TommyCrash

A Welcome Center should be placed at the power lines. Just like when driving from one state to another, the Welcome Center is usually a few miles in. There can be the typical dog doodie walk area, picnic benches, free bad coffee to 'Take a Break,' unhappy people cleaning the restrooms, a big board of pamphlets of 'things to do and see,' a wall map with a pin showing 'you are here,' and an information desk with a person that 'will be back in 5 minutes.'

p.s This post was for entertainment purposes only.

wonderturtle

I've assimilated some of the best ideas in this thread in the attached highly realistic photo-simulation.

It shows a combination "things-to-do" brochure rack with directional signage to the parking lot.

I am sure it could be lighted as necessary.

Attachments

• brochures.JPG
    brochures.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
A Welcome Center should be placed at the power lines. Just like when driving from one state to another, the Welcome Center is usually a few miles in. There can be the typical dog doodie walk area, picnic benches, free bad coffee to 'Take a Break,' unhappy people cleaning the restrooms, a big board of pamphlets of 'things to do and see,' a wall map with a pin showing 'you are here,' and an information desk with a person that 'will be back in 5 minutes.'

p.s This post was for entertainment purposes only.

hahaha

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions