Need day trip recommendation for July 5th

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Took off work and was planning a day trip down to White Clay for tomorrow. Looks like rain is going to screw that plan up. Looks like the storms are mostly south.... wondering what other destination parks are worth hitting? Been to Raystown twice.. the drive might be a bit far for and out & back.

roc

Took off work and was planning a day trip down to White Clay for tomorrow. Looks like rain is going to screw that plan up. Looks like the storms are mostly south.... wondering what other destination parks are worth hitting? Been to Raystown twice.. the drive might be a bit far for and out & back.
Jungle or ringwood? What's the furthest you want to drive?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
2 hrs from the jackson/howell... maybe 3 max. Was thinking jungle. ....never been there

Matt_

I Get Jokes
That's on the radar too (no pun), but unfortunately easier said than done. Keeping a close eye on the precipitation all around. Will just have to pull the plug if everything gets hit

roc

I think you'll be ok at jungle or ringwood tom, they both drain really good and it's been really dry. Wawa is not far from jungle, if you've never been there, check that out, I don't really know how well Wawa drains, but I'll think you'll be ok there too.

roc

Did you ride?

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Oh yeah, had a blast at Jungle yesterday. I don't have a lot of experience in the rocks, and my rigid fatty made sure I got a full body workout, so it was an all-in-all good time.

One of my riding buddies forgot his shoes... so we went and bought a cheap pair of flats and used his slippers.... slowed him down a bit lol. And my other friend isn't very confident on trails more technical than Clayton/Allaire... so it made for a slower pace "hey we're not at work!" fun type of ride.

Top Bottom