Need an office sport idea

D

DANSPANK

Hello Kids,
One of the things I do at work is arange monthly activities to get our peeps together outside of the office. We've done things lie indoor rock climbing, snowsports, volleyball, paintball, football/soccer, hiking, fun runs, softball - those kinds of things.

The criteria is that the location needs to be ideally within a 30min drive of Jersey City, it's suitable for guys and gals, there is some form of comradary, and we can do it on the weekend or evening.

I was looking in to Orbing; where you climb into a giant inflatable ball and roll down a hill, but I can't find it in the local area (or anywhere really).

Has anyone got any ideas? Let's see if we can go a whole page before the thread goes to shit.

walter

Fourth Party
What about a charter fishing trip, or one of those boat cruises that takes you out around the city and what not

Last edited:

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I was looking in to Orbing; where you climb into a giant inflatable ball and roll down a hill, but I can't find it in the local area (or anywhere really).

I know the first, maybe only, place in the US you could do that is in Tennessee. That's going to be a bit more than your 30 minute drive requirement.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I saw a news report on office boxing where you can beat up your co-workers in the ring. Not sure where the location was but something to look into...

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
paintball.. this is great to invite your manager to then cheat and shoot them repeatedly.... :)

D

DANSPANK

Ha! Great ideas (everyone except Norm).

I was thinking that I perhaps needed to add a few more details:
Our office has about 220 people in it but most people are either socially-challenged or not interested so our usual group is about 30ish people.

We've done the softball and that was a lot of fun. My team lost :(.

The boat cruise is a nice idea although I'm looking for something a little more sporty.

The rope course thing is interesting. Any experiences with a specific company that does it? That one might actually be a winner...

Thanks everyone (except Norm).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You think Office Boxing is a good idea?!

Ok what about group sex?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Hide the Pickle?

Seriously, rafting would be cool but I'm not sure there's any within 30 minutes of JC. I know they do kayaking out of Battery Park but I guess that's not much of a "team building exercise."

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Hide the Pickle?

Seriously, rafting would be cool but I'm not sure there's any within 30 minutes of JC. I know they do kayaking out of Battery Park but I guess that's not much of a "team building exercise."

closest place that even has slight whitewater is jim thrope, but it would be a good idea

i've been to the rope course here on a school trip, they have a high and low area. tho, they might be a bit more geared towards field trips and such... http://www.campbernieymca.org/pages/gfp.asp

Top Bottom