Need a lot of suggestions

walter

Fourth Party
My 2 cents would be that since you are just starting out, spend the coin on stuff you need like tools, safety equipment, clothes, hydration system. Maybe a good pump, some spare tubes that sort of stuff. For now, unless it gets broken, dont worry about upgrades to the bike. Get the stuff you really need.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
My 2 cents would be that since you are just starting out, spend the coin on stuff you need like tools, safety equipment, clothes, hydration system. Maybe a good pump, some spare tubes that sort of stuff. For now, unless it gets broken, dont worry about upgrades to the bike. Get the stuff you really need.

word up dude..get a bike that meets your needs then get all the incidentals that go with it...
for shorts check out sports authority for their sales I picked up a pair of canarie shorts for 19 bucks and a rouge camel bak for 29 bucks it pays to check I also picked up a pair of road shorts from nashbar for 19$..

l8tr mike

MTBTyler

Just so everyone knows im not "just" starting out I have been riding in mtb trails for about a year and a half. on my moms purple gt with no shocks and a dinky 16in frame. I basicly broke every part there is to break on it. she got so mad that she bought me a bike. I have a tool, helmet, gloves, camelback, and a patch kit. Theres really just 2 main things else I want is riding shorts and a those clip petals with the shoes. and im going to need tires by spring. (i ride around town alot and it chews them up)

The Short on Shorts...

If you've got the bread, then spend a fortune on apparel...why not...

But if you'd rather spend your hard-earned cash on bikes and real gear, then go cheap on shorts. Get bargain bin lycra shorts with chamois/padding and a pair of Big Dog knockoffs (with pockets) to wear over the lycras... As good as any pair of Fox baggies that I've ever owned... Make sure the baggies have a draw-string or belt... Made that mistake, and was dropping trow' all over the place.

Peace,
MBB

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just so everyone knows im not "just" starting out I have been riding in mtb trails for about a year and a half. on my moms purple gt with no shocks and a dinky 16in frame. I basicly broke every part there is to break on it. she got so mad that she bought me a bike. I have a tool, helmet, gloves, camelback, and a patch kit. Theres really just 2 main things else I want is riding shorts and a those clip petals with the shoes. and im going to need tires by spring. (i ride around town alot and it chews them up)

cool,, for pedals/shoes I think you will need to find a shop that you can try on as many styles and shoes as possible because like bikes the trick is to find what feels the best..i ended up with the specialized navaho which fit like a sneaker good for my fat feet..remember you will spend at least 2 hour s in those shoes you want then not to hurt...

MTBTyler

cool,, for pedals/shoes I think you will need to find a shop that you can try on as many styles and shoes as possible because like bikes the trick is to find what feels the best..i ended up with the specialized navaho which fit like a sneaker good for my fat feet..remember you will spend at least 2 hour s in those shoes you want then not to hurt...
Im going to halters friday. do ya think they have alot of the stuff im looking for?

Top Bottom