National Trails Day @ WVP/CR Saturday June 1st @ 9am

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We have a TM session scheduled for NTD at Washington Valley Park (AKA Chimney Rock) It's Saturday June 1st @ 9.00am. We are still working on the plans for where we are working but hoping to have a few good projects lined up. Stayed tuned for details.

Post up if you can make it so we can plan accordingly.

If the TM is canceled due to rain, I'll post the cancellation here or you can call 908-285-3800 that morning.

Hope to see you there.

About National Trails Day:

Since 1993, National Trails Day has been celebrated annually on the first Saturday in June. National Trails Day is focused on specific goals, raising awareness of trails and Trails for All Americans, building partnerships and alliances that work together beyond National Trails Day, and broadening the constituency for trails. This annual event has grown from a handful of grassroots events in 1993 to over 3,000 events across the country.

The unifying idea of National Trails Day is Trails for All Americans; a plan to establish a nationwide network of trails that comes within 15 minutes of every American. These pathways would link together as part of the nation’s infrastructure of greenways, like the interstate highway system.
Through National Trails Day local trail clubs, the outdoor business community, and local, state, and federal government agencies are joining together to make this plan a reality.
The Somerset County Park Commission will be taking part in the celebration in an attempt to improve and maintain our many miles of trails, as well as, to educate people about hiking, biking, and the trails that surround them.
In recognition of National Trails Day, the Park Commission’s Park Ranger Department will be hosting a trail maintenance project at Washington Valley Park, Bridgewater Township. The project is scheduled for Saturday, June 1st, starting at 9am.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan to be there. I expect you all to come too.

I’ll buy you breakfast if you show up.

thegock

In.

@Kirt

@Norm Generally speaking, I prefer a hot breakfast, but nothing fancy. Perhaps a bacon, egg, cheese, porkroll, Taylor ham with pepper? Oh, and hot coffee...

Any idea yet what the scope of work is?

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bump for Saturdays session. Also updated the meeting location to Millers Lane.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions