National Championships at Mt Snow

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just incase you are feeling fast or just looking to be part of something bigger, the US National Championships are coming to Mt Snow, Vt on July 16-20. You must be a US citizen and qualify to enter. Qualifying can be done by finishing top 15 in any H2H race. There is a list posted here:

http://www.usacycling.org/events/2008/mtbnationals/

Most of the top US pros will be there racing also, and race the same course as the amateurs. So you can pre-ride the course and stop and talk to Adam Craig to discuss a line if you like. It is a great spectating event as well as racing. There will be classes in XC, DH, Super-D (hybrid of Xc and DH), Short track and 4X/DS.

So who's thinking of going? What Class? Is there anyone going with musical talent? .....Mr pixy is looking for drummers.;)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thanks for making a new thread about this in here:D I'll be there, I already got the time off work but I'm still making travel/hotel plans...I can shred on the geetar, but not drums unfortunately...

-Jim.

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Any possible drummers should report to drum site during XC races.

See Xc map and hop onto course at 1 mile marker, follow past 1.5 marker and follow your ears.

P

pdm362

Is there a beginner class??
*EDIT*
Nevermind I checked the website. I qualified which is nice but I won't be able to do it because I will be in a patrol base in Fort Lewis, WA.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I think we're going this year. I've qualified and I think the wife and kid will come along and we'll make a long weekend out of it. Should be fun.

Oh, and I can play drums. Better guitarist but I can play. No kit though.

F

FallGirl1430

Tommy aka Cyclocrossfool and I have both qualified and are going to Mt. Snow. We may have to rob a bank to pay for the gas to get there and back :2guns: <~~~~ (notice the right gun doesn't fire) I will be racing er surviving in the Women's 40+ Sport class and my honey will be racing the 45-49 Sport class too. Should be a interesting event.

Christina ... :)

B

biker967

oh I will be in attendance at Mt. Snow for sure.

I just need to scrap some funds together...

NJ Jess

talk to your commander

Is there a beginner class??
*EDIT*
Nevermind I checked the website. I qualified which is nice but I won't be able to do it because I will be in a patrol base in Fort Lewis, WA.

Paul

Talk to your commander,...this is Nationals and YOU qualified. Also, tell them to get you an ARMY race jersey. It's free advertising and looks good.

P

pdm362

Talk to your commander,...this is Nationals and YOU qualified. Also, tell them to get you an ARMY race jersey. It's free advertising and looks good.
The school I am going to is my right of passage to becoming an Officer so I can't reschedule it or else I don't commission on time. I also figured that have the rest of my life to try and qualify for Mount Snow and can do that race for many more years to come :).

NJ Jess

Sir, yes Sir

The school I am going to is my right of passage to becoming an Officer so I can't reschedule it or else I don't commission on time. I also figured that have the rest of my life to try and qualify for Mount Snow and can do that race for many more years to come :).

Very true. I was a Officer in the USAF so I understand you reasoning. Good Luck

P

pdm362

Very true. I was a Officer in the USAF so I understand you reasoning. Good Luck

Sweet. USAF are some good people. A couple of my friends enlisted in the Air Force. I am a Tank Cav Scout Commander (going to be) and I make fun of them all the time. "My tanks and HMMWVs need to be shipped where do I sign?" Maybe one day I will ride a Titus too. :D Racer X Carbon???!!!???? :hmmm:

guava

I am probably going, assuming I can afford to. If you have never been, I would really recomend going. Even if you know you are going to get creamed, it is still fun to line up at the big show, not to mentions watching the pros race, and cruising the pits and talking to them, and the fact that Mt snow is beautiful, and that the course is probably the hardest one you will race all year, but also one of the best, and, and and.... just go, it's freakin' cool!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I will be leaving here Friday morning, hopefully I'll get up there early afternoon, do Packet pickup and eat...I'll be sleeping somewhere, racing Saturday morning, and driving home after the race, unless by some strange act of god, I podium, which could only happen if everyone else gets a flat, or crashes, or gets eaten by a bear, or gets struck by lightning, etc, etc, etc...Albeit 2 of my Fisher team mates got 1st and 2nd in the single-speed open, so I guess stranger things have happened:hmmm:

-Jim.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Bump...

National Championships are next week, and it's a cool event!

http://www.mountsnow.com/mtbike/

Things to expect: top pros, lots o roots, gravity stuff, big expo area, wet roots, super cool kids race with pros on course, drummers, unofficial naked crit and did I mention slippery roots! Fun for the whole family.:)

Top Bottom