National Champions from NJ !

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Congratulations To NJ racers:

Lindsey Bishop - 2007 Expert 19-24 National Champion

Jessica Hoeverman - 2007 Sport 30-39 National Champion

Good job to you and all the women from NJ who raced at Mt Snow Mountain Bike National Championship event showing the country how the chicks in this little but awesome state, know how to ride a mountain bike !! :getsome:

Other NJ women with podium finishes:
Melissa Kern - 3rd Expert 25-29
Wendi Sebastian - 2nd sport 30-39
Laura Winberry - 3rd sport 19-29

You girls rock!

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good job guys!

And Eileen, I get a kick out of your avatar every time I read one of your posts.

NJ Jess

My legs are still sore

from all the racing and watching all the Pros on Sunday. The National Championships were a lot of fun, but nothing was easy. Us Sport riders had an awful amount of rain the 2 days prior and that equated to A lot of Mud! I believe the Campmor H2H series are great training races to Mt Snow. There were a few racers that didn't even compete because they were so used to singletrack without Rocks, Logs, streams, and Muddy downhills. Gee, that's why it was soooo fun. Okay,...I didn't like the mud march up the hill area,...but no one did.

Thanks to everyone for the great support during the race and the kudos! I still can't believe it. Being 39 in the 30 -39 category, I didn't think I'd have a chance. All those races at the 24 hours of Allamuchy really paid off too!! And now,......I HAVE to move up to Expert,...hummmm. I guess that means more riding, hee hee Smiles, jess

Eileen

Good job guys!

And Eileen, I get a kick out of your avatar every time I read one of your posts.

The funny thing about my avatar is that I actually made it over the log the first time. I went back to do it again and my boyfriend decided to take a picture. I guess I wasn't going fast enough and I got my head chopped off :mad2:
Its still one of my favorite pics :D

WOW ! ! First and second in the 30-39 category. Just goes to show you - the older you get, the better you get !

Congrats to ALL who raced - podium or not.

PlayAllDay

It was a seriously muddy race but well worth it in the end. I love Vermont and being there with so many amazing riders was a great experience. :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
WOW ! ! Just goes to show you - the older you get, the better you get !
Age is just a label, and You are only as old as you want to be! So ride your bike and be young !!:)

Congrats to ALL who raced - podium or not.

All the NJ girls that raced did podium. Amazing!!

I think the National Championships will be at Mt Snow again next year. I hope to see more of you out there.:getsome:

Age is just a label, and You are only as old as you want to be! So ride your bike and be young !!:)

All the NJ girls that raced did podium. Amazing!!

I think the National Championships will be at Mt Snow again next year. I hope to see more of you out there.:getsome:

That's why I keep riding - it still gives me the freedom of feeling like a kid , even at the (ripe old ?) age of 52 ! Except I just blew out my right knee a week ago when I was attacked by hornets while doing yard work. Don't know when I'll be able to do any real riding, and I was so looking forward to going on some women's rides, especially now since we have such talented riders among us.

I was able to make it to 2 of the Tuesday nite Allaire rides, but other than that I am new to this forum. So Hello to all! I've been MTBing since 1989 but still need to explore more of the MTB trails in North Jersey. I can't get to my orthopedist till Wed., so I'm kind of bummed out about my riding being interrupeted, especially since I just took possession of a new Specialized FSR XC only 2 weeks ago.

Sorry for ending up crying on everyone's shoulder, but I just wanted to give a little introduction of myself.

O no worries...you will fit right in!

Get well soon!

Welcome!

:) Thanks for the welcome ArmyOfNone. I keep hoping that you weren't offended by my comment about your "Mall Madness" post on another thread. I really thought it was a hoot (your Mall Madness). It reminded me of something one of my brothers would say and I guess I just automatically responded in the way I would to him. As I get more into these forums I see that you have a delightful sense of humor.

ArmyOfNone

:) Thanks for the welcome ArmyOfNone. I keep hoping that you weren't offended by my comment about your "Mall Madness" post on another thread. I really thought it was a hoot (your Mall Madness). It reminded me of something one of my brothers would say and I guess I just automatically responded in the way I would to him. As I get more into these forums I see that you have a delightful sense of humor.

You have to do alot to hurt me. I'm happy to provide entertainment. I can make house calls.

How ya feeling?

You have to do alot to hurt me. I'm happy to provide entertainment. I can make house calls.

How ya feeling?

Thanks for asking.

Wed. is the first appoint. I could get with an orthopedic Dr. My knee is much better than a week ago and I've ridden my bike around the driveway a few times, but walking's a pain, literally. Judging by where the pain is, I'm thinking I injured the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament).

But the cabin fever is worse than the leg pain and I'm considering going to Six Mile Run on Monday or Tuesday. Not with the new FSR bike but with my Rockhopper for an easy ride. I figure if I do any more damage to it and the Dr. says stay off the bike, at least I got one more ride in.

But I've never been to Six Mile Run - is it as flat as the video that's posted somewhere on this site makes it seem? I think I can handle something that's flat and hardpack without totally mangling my leg if I take it slooow.

PlayAllDay

I feel your pain- had 2 acl reconstructions and 2 other big injuries this year. you should probably take it easy until you see your doc on wednesday, just in case. good luck!!!:)

Top Bottom