National Champions from NJ !

ArmyOfNone

The only catch w/ six mile is that it could be muddy right now. But i should be there this morning and ill get back to you with a report. Six mile is a great spot. Youll love it :)

NJ Jess

Patience.

Thanks for asking.

Wed. is the first appoint. I could get with an orthopedic Dr. My knee is much better than a week ago and I've ridden my bike around the driveway a few times, but walking's a pain, literally. Judging by where the pain is, I'm thinking I injured the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament).

But the cabin fever is worse than the leg pain and I'm considering going to Six Mile Run on Monday or Tuesday. Not with the new FSR bike but with my Rockhopper for an easy ride. I figure if I do any more damage to it and the Dr. says stay off the bike, at least I got one more ride in.

But I've never been to Six Mile Run - is it as flat as the video that's posted somewhere on this site makes it seem? I think I can handle something that's flat and hardpack without totally mangling my leg if I take it slooow.

Be patient. Pain is your guide. Once you start pushing an injury, it simply grows more scar tissue and begins to haunt you with every ride. I'm still sore from Nationals, which is killing me since I'm currently working across the street from Diablo. I brought my XC and DH bikes, but havent done but an easy day ride with wendi and rob. I must say, no matter what the knee injury is, mineral ice or ice packs at least once a day really help.

Hope to ride with you in the future at Allaire beginner rides. Still a lot of riding left this summer and fall. Great to hear you got an FSR, I loved mine.

Write more next week...I'm dialing in from an internet cafe down the street from Diablo. It's 120 miles to home,.....so I'm staying up here for the week.

My Mangled Knee

:p Even though these posts are getting away from the original one on this thread, I am VERY grateful for the responses to my knee injury. I am a warm weather rider who can handle 90 degree weather better than 60 degree temps, so missing these riding days is difficult for me. This is only the second time in my life that I've injured myself in the summer. So, since I can get very impulsive about things, I've decided I should take the advice and support from my fellow mountain bikers very seriously. Thanks!

Earlier today I rode about 3 miles on a flat dirt road by my house at an easy pace and was fine for the first 2, but the last mile bit me hard. Tomorrow AM I will finally get a definitive diagnosis.

Last post about my knee - Sprained Tendon. Nothing torn, which is a relief. So I guess I will be able to catch up on necessary bike maintenence while I'm not able to ride.

Top Bottom