Nassau Trail conditions

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We have been having small thunder storms sporadically for days, even today. So I’m guessing tomorrow would not be good.

johnnyrides

Well can you local guys just go get 4-5 truckloads of cat litter and spread it around. C'mon. Please. Let us know when you're done and then we'll head over.

pkovo

Unfortunately we’ve been getting hammered by a thunderstorm for the past 1.5 hrs. I would say no go tomorrow.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah we’ve been getting slaughtered this week. The last few hours has been more wet misery.

pkovo

I rode the Springside section today and it is fine. No wet/slick spots. Trails are tacky. Also looked like people must have stayed off it when it was wet, because it wasn't rutted out. A fair bit of small debris (sticks and such) on the trail, but otherwise pretty good.

Of course, with potential for rain from tomorrow evening on through the weeks end, who knows how long it will stay this way.

Rdoonz

I hit the trails on both sides of the road and they were in really good shape. I saw exactly one wet spot (couldn't even call it a puddle). Hopefully the rains will hold off and the humidity will ease up because it was brutal out there.

johnnyrides

Nassau is a no go for now. I got there about 12pm and things were wet (assuming from an early morning rain) and then about 2-3 miles into my ride while in the new fun section on Springside I got totally dumped on. Cut the ride short and left.

pkovo

Nassau is a no go for now. I got there about 12pm and things were wet (assuming from an early morning rain) and then about 2-3 miles into my ride while in the new fun section on Springside I got totally dumped on. Cut the ride short and left.

I was on my way over to check out Nassau shortly after noon when the skies opened up on me. I diverted to a much less satisfying Columbia trail/Voorhees/traintrack loop. Better than nothing I suppose.

I'm ready for a dry stretch..

johnnyrides

I was on my way over to check out Nassau shortly after noon when the skies opened up on me. I diverted to a much less satisfying Columbia trail/Voorhees/traintrack loop. Better than nothing I suppose.

I'm ready for a dry stretch..
I’m sure the stormy mass that just cut through the whole middle of the state and continues north isn’t going to help any. Maybe Hartshorne and Allaire were spared as east most seemed to avoid it.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Assume Nassau is no go for tomorrow Mid-Day. Anyone have a conditions report?

I was at voorhees which is 3 miles away and there was running water on the trails... So I'd say it's probably not good at Nassau.

pkovo

Any trail updates?

I just rode 85% of the trails on the springside side of nassau rd and they are good. Only a couple of soft spots that are easily avoidable. Otherwise solid with tacky dirt.

If I rode the other side I would avoid flatlands and maybe primavera or whatever that trail is called up by the top lot. They tend to dry out a bit more slowly.

Molasses

I assume that today, Sunday 8/12 is not a good day to ride Nassau. I saw that Bridgewater got 2+ inches of rain so assume High Bridge saw similar. Just not excited about hitting the SPIN bike and with my wife and kids out of town I have some flexibility this afternoon.

pkovo

I assume that today, Sunday 8/12 is not a good day to ride Nassau. I saw that Bridgewater got 2+ inches of rain so assume High Bridge saw similar. Just not excited about hitting the SPIN bike and with my wife and kids out of town I have some flexibility this afternoon.

We got a lot of rain yesterday. Enough that I didnt bother checking it. Has to be soft.

When all else fails, there’s always Round Valley.

Molasses

Just confirming my suspicions- heard Clayton is dry- a bit farther of a drive but this is a pay to play (on dirt) kinda day! Cheers!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions