Nassau Trail conditions

thatcher simpson

The Nassau trail crew walked most of the trails yesterday and unfortunately the trails are not yet ready to be ridden. I am unhappy to report that a few individuals have taken it upon themselves to ride the trails anyway. These people either don't understand how much work goes into trail building or they just don't care. Please be an ambassador of your sport and don't ride at Nassau until the conditions improve, I will post further notices. In my best guesstimations they need about another 2 weeks.

phillychris498

Rode before the drizzle today and the trails were tacky. However, I gave it a 2 because of the forecasted rain for today and tomorrow... Spring side will be dry 48 hours after the last rain drop and the lower lying trails will take 48-72 hours to dry after the last rain drop

weather forecast for the weekend is showing a bombass sunday with a high of 70 degrees. hopefully it'll be dry by then. does anyone want to ride with me around 5 p.mish on sunday?

Jeffreywoliver

Ran on Nassau today. Most what I saw today was good. I suspect the piney section by Diablo needs more time to dry though.

mpope68

Was there early this morning and whie i didn't ride the whole park, what i did ride was great. Trails were nice and tacky with only a handful of small soft spots to report. I woud think as the temperature rises the trails should be perfect this afternoon.

thatcher simpson

The trails on both Nassau side and springside are in great shape. tacky but firm and very rideable. there is a little rain in the forecast for tuesday but, I dont think this will have an adverse effect. Get out there and ride and enjoy. I am hoping to do some maintainence this coming saturday in the morning if anyone cares to stop by.

Molasses

Is there a trail map available for Nassau? This trail is off Rt 22 in whitehouse correct?

Paul from Garden State showed me around last October but would love to get back there!

phillychris498

Is there a trail map available for Nassau? This trail is off Rt 22 in whitehouse correct?

Paul from Garden State showed me around last October but would love to get back there!

There is not an updated online map of the trails currently. Nassau is in high bridge, which is about 10 minutes from whitehouse.

FitmanNJ

There is not an updated online map of the trails currently.
Oops, I beg to differ. At Jeff Oliver's request, I captured the newest Springside sections on a GPS file and traced them onto Open Street Map (as I have from the fairly early days of the Nassau Trail). The map can be found at openstreetmap.org and is downloadable to Garmin devices capable of receiving downloaded maps by following the directions at http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/. Maps of many other trail systems in New Jersey are similarly available.

phillychris498

Oops, I beg to differ. At Jeff Oliver's request, I captured the newest Springside sections on a GPS file and traced them onto Open Street Map (as I have from the fairly early days of the Nassau Trail). The map can be found at openstreetmap.org and is downloadable to Garmin devices capable of receiving downloaded maps by following the directions at http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/. Maps of many other trail systems in New Jersey are similarly available.
Well there you go, there is a trail map! I didn't know this actually. I'm glad it does exist- a lot of people complain about the trails being hard to navigate. Thanks for doing that!

thatcher simpson

There is also a map posted on the kiosks at both trail heads. The address for the upper parking lot would roughly be 1 nassau rd in High Bridge NJ. The trails are essentially confined into two area's, being the nassau tract and the springside tract which are connected via the connector trail which starts at the lower trail head. Each side contains a small series of stacked loops which are fairly intuitive. Following any trail either direction will generally bring you back to a major intersection within a few minutes. Most people after a couple of rides should have little problem navigating. We hope to have a real map at some point but are focused on building at present. Trails are in great shape at present, go enjoy

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions