Nassau Trail conditions

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1616210874529.jpeg

joenova

Thanks. I rode by there today on a ride and seen the signs up. Didn't see anyone around.
Well that's really good, unlike 6MR. Seems everyone ignores the signage there. :mad:

Anyone know the best spot to sign up to volunteer with the planned upcoming maintenance?

Jeffreywoliver

Just posted Nassau /Springside is open. We will have to manage around Spring Rains. Please respect the trails and don’t ride for 24-48hrs after significant rainfall. We are also still dealing with some user conflict, so please be respectful of the neighbors. Also, the lot on the center of Nassau Rd IS NOT a parking lot. Two of the neighbors to that field get very perturbed at traffics in this field.

TPI_Elky

Just posted Nassau /Springside is open. We will have to manage around Spring Rains. Please respect the trails and don’t ride for 24-48hrs after significant rainfall. We are also still dealing with some user conflict, so please be respectful of the neighbors. Also, the lot on the center of Nassau Rd IS NOT a parking lot. Two of the neighbors to that field get very perturbed at traffics in this field.
Are you talking about the diamond shaped field that leads to the trails on Springside near the sidewinder?

Only checking because I park in the "smaller lot" near the cross from Nassau to Springside and I want to make sure that's still ok.

iman29

suggest to maybe show on a map where not to park so folks not that familiar can spread the word.

Jeffreywoliver

Yes
Are you talking about the diamond shaped field that leads to the trails on Springside near the sidewinder?

Only checking because I park in the "smaller lot" near the cross from Nassau to Springside and I want to make sure that's still ok.
Yes that field. Visitors should only park at the two kiosks or at Foran Park.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wait, people actually parked IN THE FIELD?

Yeah, we used to and a lot of people do. When you ride by and see a bunch of cars there, and a toolbox and a bench, you assume it's ok.

We also had a ST race there and used the field as a parking lot.

We have also had NICA events in the field. So it's pretty reasonable to assume it is fair game.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, we used to and a lot of people do. When you ride by and see a bunch of cars there, and a toolbox and a bench, you assume it's ok.

We also had a ST race there and used the field as a parking lot.

We have also had NICA events in the field. So it's pretty reasonable to assume it is fair game.

iv seen the toolbox, but never seen cars there, i guess with the history its not as unreasonable as i thought :shrug:

Jeffreywoliver

Not unreasonable to assume you can park in the field. The trail crew uses the field to easily access Springside and we have a box there. But folks are starting to notice and we don’t won’t it to become a new lot because the neighbors it’s tolerate us, but we’re quite unhappy at first. Like I said, we are going to chain it off, so maybe I made it a bigger deal than necessary. Glad to be open again.

Ron

Is the access trail open from Columbia Trail over to Nassau trails? Trail that cuts through foundry.

Thank you

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions