Nassau Trail conditions

Fall they said . Jinxed me
4A91B8DA-01A4-4408-8354-A82979D25F14.jpeg

I wiped out on one them berms on the connector with a bed of leaves and I really like starting at Foran fields. That side is a gradual place to warm up and then hit the jump trail on exit. A+ thanks trail crew. I moved some branches off the trail in hopes next time one the trail gods will bless me.

I wiped out on one them berms on the connector with a bed of leaves and I really like starting at Foran fields. That side is a gradual place to warm up and then hit the jump trail on exit. A+ thanks trail crew. I moved some branches off the trail in hopes next time one the trail gods will bless me.

Did you hit the keg gap?

Tons of leaf cover. Usually they blow the leafs. But I feel like the leafs are what’s keeping the trails from getting muddy. Maybe they won’t clear then this year.

Tons of leaf cover. Usually they blow the leafs. But I feel like the leafs are what’s keeping the trails from getting muddy. Maybe they won’t clear then this year.
I heard talk that they are trying out not blowing out the leaf cover this year for that very reason. Not sure if that's true or not, but I took a ride late yesterday and the cover is definitely thick! Especially on the lower portion of the Springside section.

I heard talk that they are trying out not blowing out the leaf cover this year for that very reason. Not sure if that's true or not, but I took a ride late yesterday and the cover is definitely thick! Especially on the lower portion of the Springside section.

yea I mean I love riding after they blow the leaves and it’s exposed single track. It if this helps keep the the trails in good shape, I think it’s a good idea.

Rode Nassau today, and I definitely agree that the leaf cover is thick right now! Some of the more popular trails (Rich Woods, Foran Trail for example) have had enough traffic that the leaves aren't as much of a problem.

Flatlands had been leaf blown by the time I got to it at the end of my ride (around 3 pm), but Flatlands was the only trail that has been leaf blown.

Rode here today for the first time. I started at the flow trail but it was closed so i headed to all the trails to explore since i've never bine here before, it was pretty dry but a lot of leaf coverage.

Perfect except tons of leaves - tho two guys were blowing them off on the parking lot side. Somehow, I avoided the infinity loop on the other side

Great shape this weekend. Rode springside only with my daughter and a small section “had the leaves blown off, “chips trail” I think. The rest had leaves but the traffic its seen has helped matt them down in places and its running better than it was just a few days back. Moved out a few big branches that had fallen and a tree but overall in nice shape with no blockages.

Green flow trail was open Sat and they were working on blue. I think green flows really well now. I thought it flowed well before but thought it ran too fast for some of the tables before. The ones towards the top have now been reworked and made a bit longer which matches the speed of the trail better and is more fun. You can still over jump a couple in the middle if you are really getting after it, but overall I think it flows even better than it did.

Blue was open today and its been reworked. I only took one run, and it made me feel pretty clumsy. The lip was built up on the first table top and it was lengthened, and the first set of doubles was “filled” in a bit. I didnt clear the 1st table and then the doubles and that set the tone for the run. The middle was reworked quite a bit but I will have to get a handful of runs to really get the feel for the changes. I was never really able to ride the blue trail the way it was intended before the updates so we’ll see. My abilities may just be better suited to the beginner trail.

Kids were out enjoying the pump track both days I was there which was great to see. Love having all these trails in town.

Great shape this weekend. Rode springside only with my daughter and a small section “had the leaves blown off, “chips trail” I think. The rest had leaves but the traffic its seen has helped matt them down in places and its running better than it was just a few days back. Moved out a few big branches that had fallen and a tree but overall in nice shape with no blockages.

Green flow trail was open Sat and they were working on blue. I think green flows really well now. I thought it flowed well before but thought it ran too fast for some of the tables before. The ones towards the top have now been reworked and made a bit longer which matches the speed of the trail better and is more fun. You can still over jump a couple in the middle if you are really getting after it, but overall I think it flows even better than it did.

Blue was open today and its been reworked. I only took one run, and it made me feel pretty clumsy. The lip was built up on the first table top and it was lengthened, and the first set of doubles was “filled” in a bit. I didnt clear the 1st table and then the doubles and that set the tone for the run. The middle was reworked quite a bit but I will have to get a handful of runs to really get the feel for the changes. I was never really able to ride the blue trail the way it was intended before the updates so we’ll see. My abilities may just be better suited to the beginner trail.

Kids were out enjoying the pump track both days I was there which was great to see. Love having all these trails in town.
I just tried the DH trails. They definitely flow better than before!
The lower half of the blue trail is great with nice big flowing berms and appropriately sized table tops.
That first jump on blue is much longer and with a steeper ramp than before and I couldn't get enough speed to clear it with such a short run-in.
The machine is still on the mountain so they may still be refining it.

I rode at Nassau yesterday. The majority of the springside trails are leaf blown, except for the switchback climb up from the bottom of Nassau road and the Foran trail, probably because that trail has had some much traffic that the leaves never were an issue. The old “greenway loop” trail has been closed to bikes (highlighted in red below). It bordered private property and wasn’t very popular at all, although I always enjoyed the descent at the end of it.
28989386-2B44-4D80-956A-5581D3CF30C5.jpeg

I
I rode at Nassau yesterday. The majority of the springside trails are leaf blown, except for the switchback climb up from the bottom of Nassau road and the Foran trail, probably because that trail has had some much traffic that the leaves never were an issue. The old “greenway loop” trail has been closed to bikes (highlighted in red below). It bordered private property and wasn’t very popular at all, although I always enjoyed the descent at the end of it.
View attachment 143153
Interestingly I always ride opposite direction

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions