Nassau Trail conditions

ilnadi

There's rocks, you just have top look for them. We did TM with the kids then rode today. Conditions were awesome. Too bad about this rain:mad:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I wish the roads in NJ were paved as well as the trails at Nassau. What happened to the rocks?

Don't do that here. You want to discuss about dumbing down mooch or ringwood, go ahead.

Nassau has not changed its plan since inception - and it was purpose built. No rocks have been removed, and if anything more are exposed and loose from riding.
Not every park needs to be double-black.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sure seems like rocks have been removed to me.

curious... from which section do you feel they were removed? I know the trails quite well and I don’t think there has been anything done like that. If anything they blew the leaves off some trails which may make it seem smoother. But leaf blowers don’t move rocks.

Patrick

Staff member
Sure seems like rocks have been removed to me.

Mark, even if they did, it would be to serve their plan/mission. I was there a couple weeks ago, and didn't notice a change.
There are a couple places where easier lines have appeared - and that is OK (again the mission)

NJ Gator

Rode there yesterday after trying to get there for awhile. The leaf blown trials were a welcome sight but I will say I don’t feel the trails have less
rocks. Place has definitely seen more use over the last few seasons and it feels well ridden in but the level of tech seems to be the same to me. Agree not everything needs to be double black diamond to be fun. NJ offers us a lot and we are lucky to have the variety. Curious was the trail maintenance leaf blowing? If so is that a regular thing? Happy to lend a hand next time and I’ll bring a leaf blower.

stilluf

Overall very good conditions for the trails fund raiser ride. Trails mostly tacky, with a bit of mud. This place is very well Maintained and it shows!

pkovo

Conditions just so-so today. Freeze/thaw left some trails a little greasy on top, while others were fine.

OK if your familiar with the trails and which ones tend to get damp the easiest. Caught me off guard though.....I'm not ready for this whole winter deal to start.

Patrick

Staff member
Trails on the Nassau? original side are leaf covered and remained dry. Around 11:15, the exposed trails on Springside started to get slick.
Especially bad where the sun was able to get through. Word is they firmed-up when the clouds moved in.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
It was clear today that the leaf blown trails were all greasy and the non-blown trails were fine. Not sure what benefit is gained by removing the leaves from the trail? Can someone more knowledgeable enlighten me? @jdog ?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions