Nassau Trail Conditions (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They have been building the new trails with an excavator, they really don't have to worry about erosion because they are built so well. The amount of bench cutting they did is awesome.

The older sections of trail that we used on the short track race (not built with an excavator ) have leaves on them...not coincidentally. They know what they're doing.

These trails are some of the best maintained trails I've regularly ridden (along with 6 mile). If the trails erode, they will be fixed ASAP.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's going to need a while to dry out. This weekend was a little slimy especially with the freeze thaw.
With the rain. It's going to be a mess if it's not frozen

evo456

yeah i figured as much, yesterday was plain nasty. basically rained since i woke up until right before i went to sleep. how i miss summer already

evo456

Rode the new section today, awesome work and thanks to those that made it happen. Trail was awesome. Can't wait to ride it after it gets compacted and rides a little faster

phillychris498

Awesome when below freezing, muddy mess on most of the trails when its above freezing or if the trails are directly in the sunlight. Some hardpack snow at springside as of yesterday morning, but the original side of nassau was mostly clear on the trail with some patches of ice/snow.

phillychris498

Awesome conditions today- was able to wear a short sleeve jersey and shorts because of this weather! Soft in the normal spots, and dry/tacky everywhere else. Upper springside trail has a new jump section. Hit it before the rains tomorrow!

jackx

Awesome conditions today- was able to wear a short sleeve jersey and shorts because of this weather! Soft in the normal spots, and dry/tacky everywhere else. Upper springside trail has a new jump section. Hit it before the rains tomorrow!

Good to hear the conditions were awesome.

I was on my way there today to check it out for first time, but I started too late to ride there and back before dark.

Jeffreywoliver

Thanks for all the feedback

Haven't been on here for a long time. Good to see so many folks coming out and keeping Nassau alive. We have come a long way thanks to Thatcher, Paul, Mike and Matt. Town is still fully supportive. FWIW - the trails are blown just a few times in the fall. For the most part, they are now self-sustained due to traffic. A few have asked about a map of the trails. This link has all but the newest trail on it...

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/40.6661/-74.8801

Please be cool with any residents or hunters you encounter. there hasn't been any user conflict to speak of and we want to keep it that way.

Jeff

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was here yesterday and did the whole park in both directions. I couldn't help but think how this place has come a long way.

The trails were in surprisingly good shape considering the rain we had.
And the spring side trails are another level of awesome. Tons of flow (albeit flow that you need to work for..if that makes sense ).
It's got some nice jumps and plenty of other spots to get a little air between your tires the ground. Nothing crazy, but still fun.
And the maintenance is like 6 mile.... if there's a tree down, it's cleared. If there's a problem spot retaining water, it's fixed.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will be one of first fatty rides as long as the connection from Columbia is easy and and trails are marked well. Looking forward to put this into rotation this winter. How many miles of trails now?

J-Dro

Will be one of first fatty rides as long as the connection from Columbia is easy and and trails are marked well. Looking forward to put this into rotation this winter. How many miles of trails now?

There are about 10 miles of trails including a bit by Columbia. The trails are pretty dense though and lots of unmarked intersections. Just go explore and you won't ever be too far from civilization. Fun place to ride.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can loop in Voorhees too. One loop through both parks will give you a 15-17 mile ride.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are comparable to an ice luge. Where there isn't a sheet of ice, there's mud.

I would give this spot lots of time.

phillychris498

Walked some of the upper trails today on the OG side; about three inches of powder on top of a 2 inch thick frozen sheet on snow-type stuff. However, I wasn't falling in at all, it just felt like walking in three inches of powder. I'm gonna try to ride it tomorrow, and will update again after.

phillychris498

Kept falling through on springside trails, but the OG side kept me up okay. Stick to that side if you ride at Nassau. Fat bikes are definitely a plus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions