Nassau Trail Conditions (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FitmanNJ

The Nassau Trail is still "unlisted?" Oh, well, if anyone's interested, the trails are nice and tacky at the moment, with no mud to speak of. Jeff O. has done a great job with the water crossings (including a new bridge) and has inserted several skinnies since I was last there.

trails are in great shap and this one has some nice logs with a flat spot cut down the length that weren't there pre sandy.

anyone go out there recently? ive seen some tire tracks on the trailhead closer to east main street but I'm not too sure of the conditions, i'll be out there today to see

I Ride Bikes

Was out here tonight. Conditions are about as good as they get. Everything is firm and tacky. Not a spec of mud out there. Hit it up and let the other places dry out.

Finally found the new trails on the other side. They need some traffic to get ridden in and made into some nice additional single track.

jalapeno

how are the trail conditions these days? i just moved into the area and want to check out the trails tomorrow. thanks!

jalapeno

the trails were awesome... was seriously not expecting that! conditions were perfect too.

would love to help out w/ tm some time, whenever that might be happening next.

jalapeno

BTW, couple of downed trees on the springside/clinton side of the trails... southern section of the 2nd loop.

evo456

these trails are really fun, i wish the got a little more love. i recently moved from flemington to stewartsville so ill be basically making these my home trails. bike king (awesome shop, awesome people) is right down the road too which makes it even better. id like to see a few little kickers/jumps put in here but overall they are really fun trails. super confusing but fun either way. lets get a trail maintenance going, build some log overs and jumps!

phillychris498

Nassau is almost too dry right now. The corners are a little sandy. However, I think the small amount of rain coming up tonight and tomorrow will take that sand away. Keep shreding Nassau! In case anyone is wondering, there is a new trail that we are gonna start coming up in september on the clinton township side; it should be ready to ride in october, and will add another half a mile to nassau! :)

Its raining cats and dogs right now, might take too much sand away o.o

someone's been digging giant potholes on the trail with the tiny jump by springside, I almost ate it because of it.

also lemme know when you guys are gonna do work on the trails, I'd love to give a hand

phillychris498

Its raining cats and dogs right now, might take too much sand away o.o

someone's been digging giant potholes on the trail with the tiny jump by springside, I almost ate it because of it.

also lemme know when you guys are gonna do work on the trails, I'd love to give a hand

Yeah, it is raining hard... Ill probably keep off of them till Saturday. And I noticed that as well, it was probably dirt bikes... Ill make a post when we are going to go out next.

evo456

nice! i was there a few days ago and there was a pretty decent turn out for after work, id say about 6 cars. hopefully it keeps growing

phillychris498

Couldn't help but ride today... rode hard for 45 minutes and easy for 30. Great loop, ended up doing about 13 miles. The conditions were better than expected: a little too tacky on the clinton township side but drier on the nassau road side. It should be perfect tomorrow afternoon.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can link up to some good single track in vorhees.

Take the Columbia trail west till you hit rail road tracks. Take the tracks north for 1/4 mile. Pop out on the road and you'll see an entrance into vorhees. From there you got about a 700 ft climb....all single track!

phillychris498

You can link up to some good single track in vorhees.

Take the Columbia trail west till you hit rail road tracks. Take the tracks north for 1/4 mile. Pop out on the road and you'll see an entrance into vorhees. From there you got about a 700 ft climb....all single track!

Do you have a garmin file of this...??

phillychris498

Rode Nassau this morning around 6:45 and the trails are perfect. The one current issue, that is barely an issue at that, is that there is a head-hunting tree down on the rocky trail, right after the big switchback. Just make sure you duck, it almost took my head out the other day..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions