!!!!! Mystery Rider Spotted !!!!!

PatrickBrown

there was a fat kid out for the first time on his new 4 month old Mary SS

it was me, YAY I finally got my butt out there. I rode for about an hour, and I was toast. I had all intentions of meeting up with AON on his roll out time of 9AM, and Im sure his crew would have dropped me in seconds, but due to me forgetting how much preperation goes into MTBing, especially the first time after 7 years, I ran quite a bite late and never met up with them.

oh well so I rode alone for an hour. it was great, although I was already convinced that this was something I missed and needed back regularly, I had no idea how much fun it was really going to be. it was a blast.

My lungs hurt, my legs hurt, but I kept on pedaling.

now as for my view on the Mary. it is a VERY comfortable bike. seemed to have fit me like a glove. the addition of the easton bar and XTR clipless pedals made me feel at home. gearing is another story however. the 32x20 will just not cut it. I have spoke to Jay about getting a 34T Qring and now it'll definately be needed. another thing about the bike is it seemed a tad bit squirrely. maybe it has a steeper head tube angle than the bikes I used to ride, or maybe its the rigid fork. or maybe its me. it definately wasnt too bad at all, just a little something I noticed.

I cant wait to go again

Pat-B, Tomorrow is a good day to be allaire.....Work on the trails for a few hours from 8AM then a good ride after.....Get your lasy butt down there....Besides, its been how many years since I have seen you....Where's waldo? Peace out Pat...See ya there......Chuck...E

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
...the ice is finally broken...or the dust has finally been blown off...or something.

He already wants more gear. Yep, that sounds about right.

Chris, How did things go today?...You are the man to take on the field of 120 strong....You are the ROCK STAR..;0.....Crash with 4 laps to go took me out of my race.....but that is racing.....See ya .....

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Chris, How did things go today?...You are the man to take on the field of 120 strong....You are the ROCK STAR..;0.....Crash with 4 laps to go took me out of my race.....but that is racing.....See ya .....
Check your PM's. I wrote you at the same time you posted this. :D

walter

Fourth Party
It didn't click when I saw the GTI, but when I saw the Mary sitting on the ground, it all came together.

PatrickBrown

just gotta say that after sleeping for a couple hours, I woke up exhausted.

I am previously obligated to go to a vw race at englishtown, but I am seriously planning on blowing it off to come to allaire TM and ride with the group.

Pat

J-Dro

Hey Pat, you passed right by AON and myself today. A group of 4 of us were stopped at an intersection when a solo rider on a Mary cruised through. Had to be you. You looked a little exhausted but determined. Keep it up!!

PatrickBrown

Hey Pat, you passed right by AON and myself today. A group of 4 of us were stopped at an intersection when a solo rider on a Mary cruised through. Had to be you. You looked a little exhausted but determined. Keep it up!!

Hey jeff, yep that was me, and I WAS exhausted and determined. I am definately going to keep it up. the bug has bitten me badly.

I'll be there tomorrow

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hooooooraaay!!!!

Fuck Yeah!!!

Glad that you got out there for the ride.

I promise that a 34 q-ring will help you get those pedals around easier.

Shall I bring you one in the AM?????

That is a solid bike. Quite possibly the best way you can spend less than a grand right now. It is not a 26er so everything is different. I personally believe that it will become the norm for anyone over 5'-8" to ride a 29er and nothing else.

I am very happy to hear that you got you Butt out on the bike. My wife thought that you would never ride again..

Peas

j

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ms. mary will treat you well...dunno if you still have the exi's on there but if you do you may really want to think about upgrading. there are a couple solid options and a quick search should bring 'em up. then again, the past four months have been nothing but nonsense here so it may not.

basically panaracer & maxxis seem to be getting the nod.

D

DANSPANK

My Specialized Resolution Pros are bloody great! They're getting a bit worn now though but great through sand, railing berms, and clambering up rocks...

Top Bottom