My winter training program

There's lots of ground in between. Just ride your bike and infuse a structured workout once a week, for example. Get a taste of it and then go from there.

Translation: Just ride your bike.

Ride my bike is what i will do. Ride ride ride. Enough about the silly training crap :) Just make it warm again!

My altitude training box should be arriving at the end of this week. NOT! That thing is pretty insane. But i guess for those world class elites, thats what they need.

it happened to me, chris saw it happen, trying to train too hard burned me out and and showed me 100% negative results.... it drove me to sell my bikes and quit biking cold turkey.

So what is your excuse now...

I have multiple demo bikes that you are free to take out and ride any time you wish.

Come back to the Dark side.

You are obviously interested enough to lurk on this board and think fondly about the good times gone by.

We are having as much fun as ever, perhaps a little more now that a lot of us are riding SS bikes.

We laugh more than ever.

If you truly have no gear.. I will start collecting stuff for you.

What exactly do you need???

Shoe, shorts, gloves??

Just post what size you need and we will make it happen.

Your lungs might have forgotten but your legs have not.

j-

Patrick Brown

So who is the masked marvel? I think he was a pretty serious rider at one point. What happened? Where did you go? Where did you bikes go? Why are you not riding anymore? Sure sounds like you want to.

So what is your excuse now...

I have multiple demo bikes that you are free to take out and ride any time you wish.

Come back to the Dark side.

You are obviously interested enough to lurk on this board and think fondly about the good times gone by.

We are having as much fun as ever, perhaps a little more now that a lot of us are riding SS bikes.

We laugh more than ever.

If you truly have no gear.. I will start collecting stuff for you.

What exactly do you need???

Shoe, shorts, gloves??

Just post what size you need and we will make it happen.

Your lungs might have forgotten but your legs have not.

j-

Ahhh J......

you are truly awesome, you make it really hard to procrastinate any longer....

fortunately I have all of my old cycling clothes......

I dont have MTB shoes, or helmet.

what hours are you in the shop this weekend, I'll take a ride by the shop, maybe saturday early afternoon.

Ahhh J......

you are truly awesome, you make it really hard to procrastinate any longer....

fortunately I have all of my old cycling clothes......

I dont have MTB shoes, or helmet.

what hours are you in the shop this weekend, I'll take a ride by the shop, maybe saturday early afternoon.

I will be in VT this wekend but Chris Flecknoe will be in the Shop.

I will make sure that he takes really good care of you.

If you fit in your bike clothes it is a good sign that you are not too far gone.

What Size shoes and Helmet??

j

So who is the masked marvel? I think he was a pretty serious rider at one point. What happened? Where did you go? Where did you bikes go? Why are you not riding anymore? Sure sounds like you want to.

this masked marvel :) sounds impressive he he

well as you know I'm Pat Brown, I was quite the serious rider, I rode with ChrisG from this site as well as a bunch of other guys with various talents/abilities. some rides were for fun, some rides were all business.

what happened....... I was training very hard, and I raced a late season race up at williams lake in NY state, and I took a bad spill, very badly bruised hip and leg, broke my helmet in 2, lost consciousness briefly, was taken out of the woods on a backboard, and then to the hospital. released a few hours later, luckily for me I was with a teammate at the time, Mike Merritt, drove me back to NJ.....

after a few weeks of recovery, I had a job change, and a relationship change, and I had alot of trouble keeping focused with training. so being as competitive as I was, and not being able to swing back to where I was, I decided to sell the bikes, which I got alot of money for and I bought a new car and started drag racing....... I now have a 500 horsepower VW gti which is alot of fun, but its time to get back on 2 wheels.

it was a blessing to find this forum actually, because it brought me back in contact with ChrisG who was a big part of my cycling life. and Jdog who I have met before and I went to his store to buy things even when I was a manager at a differnt bike store.

ahhhh I'm rambling on....

bottom line is that its long overdue for me to get back on, but 2 wheels here I come.....

Out of curiosity, were you having a hard time concentrating on the training from the crash/head injury or from all the other major changes in life ie.. new job and relationship

good too refind the sport i did about 3 years ago. glad i did, i had become a fat slob.

500hp in a VWgti sounds really really dangerous

Out of curiosity, were you having a hard time concentrating on the training from the crash/head injury or from all the other major changes in life ie.. new job and relationship

good too refind the sport i did about 3 years ago. glad i did, i had become a fat slob.

500hp in a VWgti sounds really really dangerous

I think it was a combination of the head injury which turned out to not be serious enough to hold me back at all, but there was a mental issue that took my desire, and my aggressiveness away, along with the new hours of the new job that cut into my training time, as well as the new relationship, I'm not so sure if all of those are a good reason for stopping, but its what I did, and I do regret it now and have for some time now. its been since 1999 that I have been off the bike.....

and as for the GTI being dangerous, I am mature about it...... its turbocharged and the boost gets turned way down for daily use, and only turned up when I am at the racetrack...... with safety gear, on a closed course.

good to hear the injury was not serious.

oh i said the car sounds dangerous but i forgot to add, and a whole lot of fun too.

60 and quarter times?

I will be in VT this wekend but Chris Flecknoe will be in the Shop.

I will make sure that he takes really good care of you.

If you fit in your bike clothes it is a good sign that you are not too far gone.

What Size shoes and Helmet??

j

Jay, thanks for everything and having Chris help me out, but I'd rather wait until you are around, I can come in one night after work next weekto shoot the breeze as well as talk some bike options.....

you are being a big help in getting me back in the saddle

good to hear the injury was not serious.

oh i said the car sounds dangerous but i forgot to add, and a whole lot of fun too.

60 and quarter times?

0 to 60 I dont know.....

but drag times, 60 foots consistant 1.8s, some 1.7s, best run was 11.603, missing 4th gear,

best MPH was 126......

this masked marvel :) sounds impressive he he

well as you know I'm Pat Brown, I was quite the serious rider, I rode with ChrisG from this site as well as a bunch of other guys with various talents/abilities. some rides were for fun, some rides were all business.

what happened....... I was training very hard, and I raced a late season race up at williams lake in NY state, and I took a bad spill, very badly bruised hip and leg, broke my helmet in 2, lost consciousness briefly, was taken out of the woods on a backboard, and then to the hospital. released a few hours later, luckily for me I was with a teammate at the time, Mike Merritt, drove me back to NJ.....

after a few weeks of recovery, I had a job change, and a relationship change, and I had alot of trouble keeping focused with training. so being as competitive as I was, and not being able to swing back to where I was, I decided to sell the bikes, which I got alot of money for and I bought a new car and started drag racing....... I now have a 500 horsepower VW gti which is alot of fun, but its time to get back on 2 wheels.

it was a blessing to find this forum actually, because it brought me back in contact with ChrisG who was a big part of my cycling life. and Jdog who I have met before and I went to his store to buy things even when I was a manager at a differnt bike store.

ahhhh I'm rambling on....

bottom line is that its long overdue for me to get back on, but 2 wheels here I come.....

Hey Pat - good to have you back on 2 wheels, whenever you do eventually get there. Are you one of these southern Jersey guys as well?

Hey Pat - good to have you back on 2 wheels, whenever you do eventually get there. Are you one of these southern Jersey guys as well?

Norm, thanks for the good wishes, it will be soon.

I'm originally from matawan NJ, right now I actually hang my hat in staten island NY, but i work 6 days a week in rahway NJ

I'm seriously less than 10 minutes outside of NJ, I would say maybe 30 minutes away from hartshorne, 15 minutes from cheesequake.... but I'm no stranger to car rides

Last edited:
Jay, thanks for everything and having Chris help me out, but I'd rather wait until you are around, I can come in one night after work next weekto shoot the breeze as well as talk some bike options.....

you are being a big help in getting me back in the saddle

I just built Chuck E. a single speed last week out of his old Trek Carbon. It is sick light 21 Lbs! I will see you next week or any night this week as well. I told him that you were lurking on this board. He will be glad to see you back too..

Don't puss out.

Call the shop before you come by.

WHAT SIZE SHOES DO YOU NEED????

your not to terribly far from me. i am about 15 from the outerbridge crossing. If im talkin bout the same area

Back
Top Bottom