My wallet hurts! (v. Camera pr0on)

f2f4

So I finally dropped the hammer.

I'm going big time. Had to pick up an L-series telephoto. Gulp.

IMG_3965.jpg

As a size comparison, that camera body alone is a little bigger than an Xbox 360 controller.

The lens... well, let's just say it's worth more than some cars. It was in the thousands category. I'll nicely leave it at that.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS:

I'll be shooting an airshow tomorrow with it and I'll post the pics here. :)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
... someone's trying to compensate :rofl: JK!!

that thing looks like it could take some DAMN good pictures...I bet you can get pilots' pimples tomorrow!

Stocky

Ya wanna talk big and $$$ .
I used to own the 600f4 as well as the 300 f2.8

Now we're talking small car pricing.

f2f4

Ya wanna talk big and $$$ .
I used to own the 600f4 as well as the 300 f2.8

Now we're talking small car pricing.
OMFG WILL YOU MARRY ME.?!

(So I can divorce and have your lenses?)

That's insane. I was looking at the 600mm f4 the other day, and was about to buy it.... until I saw the price. $7,600. Just a tiny bit much. :(

My next lens will be a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM (hopefully).

Stocky

I attempted to make a living as a photog, prior to kids,house etc.... Weddings,and alot of sports, pro football and Surfing , alot of surfing.

2 EOS1N's
70-200 2.3
28-70 2.8
85 1.2
50 1.0
14 2.8

a couple of flashes
as well I had a full Hasselblad set up
Metz flashes

I sold it all off about 5 years ago.

f2f4

The lens was AMAZING.

Turns out that walking around with a huge white lens and a boonie hat + vest gets you treated like a pro. Someone came up and gave me a media pass and vest, free entry ($25), all-access parking (I could go anywhere in my car), VIP pavilion pass ($100), and a buffet pass ($20).

I gave out ALL the business cards I had on me. I did not expect this.
Apparently pilots and airport owners REALLY like good pictures. And are willing to pay.

It was so neat being out in the center of the "box" (middle of the airfield), with the aircraft passing just overhead, and chilling with all the flight crews before and after shows and at lunch. Being a pilot myself, it's fun to compare notes and talk flying.

IMG_5362.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

Top Bottom