My unprofessional review of Cushcore

I have heard that the double ply casings have a similar effect as tire inserts.
Does anyone have experience with both?
Yes but once you use cushcore you dont want to ride without it it's that noticeable. I run about the same pressure as without but do speed up rebound a click or two depending on speeds and conditions .

Wondering if it is possible that your fork pressure is a bit high, or that your fork rebound setting is too fast - leading to feeling like the fork is jack-hammering your arms.
I am working on tuning suspension pressures now. But I think you might be correct.

Just wondering how low you are able to run your tire pressures?
yesterdays ride was 24 front 29 rear. I might be able to go lower.

Yes but once you use cushcore you dont want to ride without it it's that noticeable. I run about the same pressure as without but do speed up rebound a click or two depending on speeds and conditions .

Would I not get the same affect with huck norris? 150 is so much fo ccf

I used a Huck Norris in the rear tire and would say there is a penalty in the ride quality (made the bike - 2016 Intense Primer - feel more sluggish), although it did seem to work with reducing pinch flats and rim damage. At least with I-9 Enduro 305 wheels. If someone wants to try the H-N, I have my one used insert as well as a NIB one I'd sell cheap.

I'm considering CushCore for at least one of my bikes. I'm also thinking about the gravel version that might make doing trail rides a little less risky.

Tubes? What is this, 1995? :)

The Cushcore has the appeal of saving the rim. However big benefits (and especially over other products like Huck Norris) is:
-Lower air volume as there's a pressure ramp-up similar to tokens/spacers in an air shock. So while you run lower pressure, there's less air volume so as you hit a bump you have a ramp-up effect. Part of why you can go with lower air pressure. Not that you're hitting the rubber against the cushcore, but it doesn't have to hit it.
-Sidewall support.
Just curious, what happened to you in 1995? I noticed you bring that up every now and then...

On the thread subject, I am cushcore curious but I'm really tempted by a set of Pepi's.

My search has unsuccessfully concluded for PTNs. I just pulled the trigger on some XC Cushcores.
I'm going to order them with delivery in Italy once I plan to go back, hopefully before the end of the year. hey have a new type out, R-evolution, seems similar to Cushcore.

Says the guy who reminds us 37 times a week that he’s from Italy.
:thumbsup:
...only when the old country is bad mouthed for the wrong reason (there’s plenty of reasons to do It anyway). I can’t help being Italian. It’s just that 1995 strikes me as an odd year to mention...

...only when the old country is bad mouthed for the wrong reason (there’s plenty of reasons to do It anyway). I can’t help being Italian. It’s just that 1995 strikes me as an odd year to mention...

1995 is mid-nineties, nothing else to me. Not sure if it's important to you.

Clinton was president, people were probably still listening to grunge.

I have seen the single wheel insert. They might not include a tire valve.

Looks like both ways. A "Kit" with a a valve, and also (not the link I posted) replacement ones without a valve.

If I end up trying cushcore and liking it, we're talking $600 in some fancy pool noodles just for the household mountain bikes.

1995 is mid-nineties, nothing else to me. Not sure if it's important to you.

Clinton was president, people were probably still listening to grunge.
Actually it is, first time I moved to the US and I brought my hardtail with me (it was 1995 after all).

Back
Top Bottom