My Trip To Round Valley Recreational Area

ArmyOfNone

I just wanted to mention...as I was challenged by spencer the other day. I want to ride RV on the SS. Should be painfully enjoyable

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would agree with this. Use the zip-te around the chainstay to pull the tensioner up snug. Also be sure to use an actual SS cog. The teeth of a SS cog are longer and will keep the chain on.

It's not an actual SS cog. It's from a cassette I took the dremel to. The entire drivetrain is really old and worn together so if I replace that one cog I'm sure I have to replace the whole damn thing.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i am still at a loss as to why i (or anyone) would buy a product that isn't engineered correctly and needs to be "fixed" (many times out of the box) with zip ties or rubber bands.

xc62701

Ryan uses it in the push-up position but with rubber bands. I'll probably give that a shot. But yeah, when you're at max force and it pops off that's kinda sucky.

Use(d) past tense...i'm a little teary eyed now...

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
i am still at a loss as to why i (or anyone) would buy a product that isn't engineered correctly and needs to be "fixed" (many times out of the box) with zip ties or rubber bands.

I have never had a problem with my singulator, then again I have only used it 2 times. I made sure to get the chain as tight as possible and then really crank on the spring to get it tension on the chain. It was a real PITA without a cone wrench.

BiknBen

It's not an actual SS cog. It's from a cassette I took the dremel to. The entire drivetrain is really old and worn together so if I replace that one cog I'm sure I have to replace the whole damn thing.

Bingo!!! That cog you are using has ramps to HELP the chain fall off. I realize you are trying to keep things cheap but the Singlator is not to blame here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bingo!!! That cog you are using has ramps to HELP the chain fall off. I realize you are trying to keep things cheap but the Singlator is not to blame here.

Cheap is good!

It doesn't fall off much, just when under really high load. As someone said, this is a good direction to go to "try it out" and see if I like the SS thing. As soon as I decide that I do, I can go buy a new drivetrain.

Top Bottom