My totally lame KOMs are under poach attack

rick81721

Lothar
^ Good idea Jim. I've made some longer ones. But an update - this week I've been going back and forth with this guy on several segments - he takes them one day, I reclaim the next. This is turning out to be fun, I rarely do sprints and now I've been doing a few each local ride this week - probably a good thing speed wise. The guy is at least 13 years younger than me according to strava age category so at some point I'll prolly flame out but it's interesting to push it.

icolquhoun

Little rant here:
In the last three weeks I've been racking up quite a few of the local KOM's around here. (pequest valleygreen twp/andover/allamuchy skylands/Watchung Wheelmen type A ego-festville) I took one the other day by quite a large margin from one who shall remain nameless. He took off work the next day(judging by the start time and total ride time) and went to every single one of my KOM's within striking distance and tried multiple times until he took three and attempted to take 12 of mine. Its was freaky how he took quite a bit of time to figure out the best way possible to get to them and rode at 10mph between all of them. He targeted not one other segment, just mine. They were spaced weirdly all over, yet he did them all in one ride. Funny enough he tried my "road" gravel segments and couldn't even come close. He then left me a somewhat awkward and unnerving message. It freaked me out enough that I made everything on that site private now. Its not worth it to have some overcompensating wiener stalk me because I rode my 28lb steel touring bike 21 seconds faster than his cat 5 road racing tough guy persona three months after breaking my leg in half.
Its insane how freaky insecure people get for a 200 pixel yellow crown with some numbers attached to it. Makes you wonder how they act in the normal "real world" Get a f^$@ing life. ride your bike. have fun. smile. or chase a golden digital crown that makes you an obsessed a-hole. karma is a bitch!
steps off soapbox....

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Little rant here:
In the last three weeks I've been racking up quite a few of the local KOM's around here. (pequest valleygreen twp/andover/allamuchy skylands/Watchung Wheelmen type A ego-festville) I took one the other day by quite a large margin from one who shall remain nameless. He took off work the next day(judging by the start time and total ride time) and went to every single one of my KOM's within striking distance and tried multiple times until he took three and attempted to take 12 of mine. Its was freaky how he took quite a bit of time to figure out the best way possible to get to them and rode at 10mph between all of them. He targeted not one other segment, just mine. They were spaced weirdly all over, yet he did them all in one ride. Funny enough he tried my "road" gravel segments and couldn't even come close. He then left me a somewhat awkward and unnerving message. It freaked me out enough that I made everything on that site private now. Its not worth it to have some overcompensating wiener stalk me because I rode my 28lb steel touring bike 21 seconds faster than his cat 5 road racing tough guy persona three months after breaking my leg in half.
Its insane how freaky insecure people get for a 200 pixel yellow crown with some numbers attached to it. Makes you wonder how they act in the normal "real world" Get a f^$@ing life. ride your bike. have fun. smile. or chase a golden digital crown that makes you an obsessed a-hole. karma is a bitch!
steps off soapbox....
Wow. Just wow.
And that sucks.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Little rant here:
steps off soapbox....
You put it out there, you have to expect this stuff. Let's hear the message. .. :D

rick81721

Lothar
Still battling my stalker. Funny today he just took another one of my obscure KOMs (no one else had ridden it) but ironically he lost it minutes later to the guy he was riding with!

Ian F

Interesting... I've never defined a Strava segment. Most of the roads I ride on are fairly well travelled, so I've never felt the need. I do like looking at my ranking on segments so I can get an idea of where/if I'm improving, but I doubt I'll ever claim a KOM. Most of them are far beyond my dreams.

rick81721

Lothar
I tried to follow one of @rick81721's segments until I saw it make 16 lefts before an out and back.

Hahah if my lurker kept going after my obscure segments (he seems to have given up), I was going to create a ridiculously convoluted segment and call it: "I wonder if some douchebag will try to steal this KOM"

Mountain Bike Mike

Hahah if my lurker kept going after my obscure segments (he seems to have given up), I was going to create a ridiculously convoluted segment and call it: "I wonder if some douchebag will try to steal this KOM"

Do it.., I'll snag that one from you in a heartbeat.. With one hand.

Top Bottom