My stupid crash

Kaleidopete

I can't believe this easy pipe ride over threw me down!
Pumphouse trail as I hit the pipe I slid to the right (dark marks) and went down.
WTF! it's only 2 inches high!
You can see where I first touched and where the bike ended up.

Pumphouse crash.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
LOW coefficient of friction. Utah can explain.

I almost hit the pavement today avoiding a chicken in the road. Only in Hunterdon County.

nice, especially at that angle of incidence.
that can apply to the bike crash, or chicken avoidance. ;)

Patrick

Staff member
funny thing about CoF, it has no "unit".....like torque or weight or acceleration....

rick81721

Lothar
Actually this would make a good thread topic. Ever come to a stop on your rode bike at an intersection, fail to unclip and keel over like a fainting goat? Ever fail to unclip on your mtb on a trail and keel over like a fainting goat (see a trend here?). Ever fly off the boardwalk at 6mr before the bridge on blue and make a nice body imprint in the swamp? Ever hit a 6 in elevated boardwalk and fail to unweight the front fork and fly over the bars? Ever hit who knows what with your pedal at high speed on a perfectly flat trail and fly over the bars? Just off the top of my head

Kaleidopete

Actually this would make a good thread topic. Ever come to a stop on your rode bike at an intersection, fail to unclip and keel over like a fainting goat? Ever fail to unclip on your mtb on a trail and keel over like a fainting goat (see a trend here?). Ever fly off the boardwalk at 6mr before the bridge on blue and make a nice body imprint in the swamp? Ever hit a 6 in elevated boardwalk and fail to unweight the front fork and fly over the bars? Ever hit who knows what with your pedal at high speed on a perfectly flat trail and fly over the bars? Just off the top of my head
That's funny stuff!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

Yes to all of those. :oops:

I also flew right off the tiny bridge on red just before the little climb with the dilapidated skinny; leaving a perfect wyle-e-coyote imprint on the far bank.

I didn't notice it was iced over.

Patrick

Staff member
that pedal strike otb thing - man, i hate that. hasn't happened in a few years, but just like yesterday.

@Carson looking at cornering, braking, and acceleration stats for the mustang???

wonderturtle

And here I thought fat bikes had great traction.

I kid.

Really, thats not a stupid crash at all. Wet tires and/or wet metal and that's gonna be really slick.

In hind sight you probably woulda been fine if you had lifted the front wheel somewhat going over the pipe (get some weight off that front wheel)

Top Bottom