My quest for 3000

KStwenty1

195 to go.

Holy shit! I have less than 200 to go! I cracked off 61 miles through the hills of Morristown, Bernards, Long Hill, Gillette...etc. Felt like crap for the first 30 miles, like my stomach didn't feel into this ride. That eventually worked itself out and I pressed on. :getsome:

GreyRider

Great job on being so close to your goal! How many miles will be left after tonight's ride? Maybe a Labor Day breakthrough? ;)

M

KStwenty1

Great job on being so close to your goal! How many miles will be left after tonight's ride? Maybe a Labor Day breakthrough? ;)

M

I have a little over a week to ride up to 200 miles so that on Monday(Labor Day) I will cross that line. The plan is to do this at Six Mile Run. This evening I plan to put a huge dent in what I have left to do. We are headed out from Marty's Reliable Cycle in Morristown for a few Cat 4 climbs. My legs will feel this one for sure.:eek:
Nice to see you on the site!

KStwenty1

125 to go.

70 miles yesterday through Mendham, Morristown, Parsippany, and many more points north through the hills. Made my way to Marty's Reliable Cycle shop for the first time.

KStwenty1

115 to go.

Went to Sandy Hook today with M and her son with her brand new Giant hybrid!!! Woohoo she's hooked! Her son seemed to love the riding as well he says he now wants to ride every weekend. I should get some type of gift for creating these new cycling monsters! Anyway we did 10 miles today from the D lot to Ft. Hancock and back. Good day...great weekend.:D

GreyRider

I should get some type of gift for creating these new cycling monsters! Good day...great weekend.:D

As Dr. Frankenstein rubs his hands together with glee...
Creating monsters, Really? :rolleyes: I enjoyed a beautiful bike ride at Sandy Hook on a gorgeous summer day. What's not to like?
So what are you planning for 3,000?

KStwenty1

53 to go.

62 miles today. I made it up to Denville where my brother lives. He was surprised to see me and even more so that I rode my bike there and back. I really felt like turning back and going home for the first 20 miles. I just could not get my rhythm or breathing in sync. Then I muscled up Long Hill Rd., everything clicked shortly after. :)

KStwenty1

43 to go.

Myself and M went for a nice ride at Dukes Estates with her new bike! She hasn't been there since she was a little girl do it was extra fun re-exploring the 10iles we laid down.
Oh and the bike? A Giant Escape W hybrid...super nice!

GreyRider

Okay. So it was 9.5 miles...but you've (and your friends on this thread) got me inspired to try for 20 miles tomorrow...

If I can do this then I can bike to work - how great would that be?

Attachments

• bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 174
Kevin,
I never read this thread until today. I expect one of the the next few posts here will be you saying you made it to 3000. Is today the day? Congratulations in advance.

And thank you for making me re-think a few things, like thinking that a "broken ride" (one with a stop for lunch, for example) didn't count or that a rail trail ride wasn't as important as a mountain bike ride. Also thanks for the encouragement in my "slow" thread. It means even more knowing what you have accomplished.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Okay. So it was 9.5 miles...but you've (and your friends on this thread) got me inspired to try for 20 miles tomorrow...

If I can do this then I can bike to work - how great would that be?

biking to work is awesome.... I'm waiting for the temps to drop to start again

KStwenty1

Kevin,
I never read this thread until today. I expect one of the the next few posts here will be you saying you made it to 3000. Is today the day? Congratulations in advance.

And thank you for making me re-think a few things, like thinking that a "broken ride" (one with a stop for lunch, for example) didn't count or that a rail trail ride wasn't as important as a mountain bike ride. Also thanks for the encouragement in my "slow" thread. It means even more knowing what you have accomplished.

Stan, it is nice to know that what I have done(or about to accomplish) encourages anyone to get out there and just ride. They all count, even the ones in the bathing suit at the beach! My quest for 3000 miles was rather bold for me to undertake in January, but by setting up this thread was motivation enough to keep at it and accomplish what I set out to do.

There is no such thing as a wasted ride. They all count! Should you or anyone for that matter set an ambitious goal, I strongly recommend doing so.

I've come a long way, but tomorrow(September 2) will be the 3000 mile mark at Six mile run. If you wish to join in, just show up at the canal lot at 10:30.

Thanks!

KStwenty1

26 to go.

M and I went out for a 17 mile road ride early Sunday morning. This was the longest ride for her to date.

KStwenty1

3000 miles.....done!

0 to go.

:2guns:
Not the nicest day to ride, but crossing the 3000 mile mark today with Pat and Chris marks the end of my quest. 55 miles today with a pretty quick pace for me but we got it done in 4 hours flat.

3029 YTD.

Attachments

• 3000th mile ride.jpg
    3000th mile ride.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 3000th mile bike hoist.jpg
    3000th mile bike hoist.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 161

Roadie

Great job Kevin! Glad I got to Join you for your record ride today. Nice riding with you. Next stop is 4k!

Top Bottom