My old Stomping Ground ( no bike pics)

Frac

I was getting nostalgic about where I used to live, and wanted to share some pics, as I struggle to adjust to NJ.

This was my backyard - 10 minutes from my house
P10100711.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what 1.5 hours north wouth get you
35a7e58b.jpg
[/IMG]

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting. NH is a good guess.

But I think you're wrong. I say Delaware.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That has to be Maine.

I grew up in nothern Maine myself.

j

By North Maine do you mean near Katahdin? If so I'd be interested in how you got to be in NJ. Actually either way I'd be interested to hear.

Frac

Both New Hampshire and Maine were correct guesses.

The Second picture in the thread is from the White Mountains - Mt. Jafferson looking at Mount Adams.

The third picture is from Kinsman Ridge, looking at Layfetee Ridge. (Layfetee, Lincoln, Liberty).

The Boat pics are from Norther Maine..WAYyy up, in the Allegash Wilderness Area. Jersey is a long stretch from all of those places, but I am still finding wonderful aspects of it.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Both New Hampshire and Maine were correct guesses.

The Second picture in the thread is from the White Mountains - Mt. Jafferson looking at Mount Adams.

The third picture is from Kinsman Ridge, looking at Layfetee Ridge. (Layfetee, Lincoln, Liberty).

The Boat pics are from Norther Maine..WAYyy up, in the Allegash Wilderness Area. Jersey is a long stretch from all of those places, but I am still finding wonderful aspects of it.
I have hiked the AT from the end in Baxter down to NH and those pics are clearly in my memory bank. I remember getting stuck in snow squall in July up there on Knife's edge..

I grew up paddling a ton in Maine. I worked at the Bangor Ski Rack during my stay at UMO. Those guys are really into kayaking so without thinking about it I got myself into some crazy shit. Adam Craig (pro mt biker) was also hanging around at that point a bit. He was like 13. I learned to roll a kayak and then they pointed me off any drop we could find. In hindsight i should be dead.

I really learned to love the water up there. I don't paddle a boat much anymore but I surf a lot which fills my water fix.

Some of my family is still in Maine. Belfast, South Portland and Montville. I miss it a ton. Perhaps I will grow old up there.

j

Top Bottom