My Nomination for Bike Product of the Year is ...

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Please post here the most innovative bike products that you came across this past year.

I nominate:

Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light

I saw some one wearing this product several months ago, and today i was out in queens, ny "spokes man" a new bike shop out there had them in stock so i picked up two as well as a nice giordana balcalva

balcalva is timeless product of the year, especially in winter.

what was your favorite new product of 2008?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I saw some one wearing this product several months ago, and today i was out in queens, ny "spokes man" a new bike shop out there had them in stock so i picked up two

i would have expected you to buy the light straight off the guy

Sircrashalot

Innovative or retro, or both.....I vote for my SS 29'er! I don't think ss or 29" wheels are new for 2008, but was sure new to me!

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
plaid has become popular in cycling with garmin/slipstream chipotle as well as team mtbnj

for patterns, i like "polka dots", which signifies winners of climbing portion of a race, or just the color Yellow, where you win several stages

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
plaid has become popular in cycling with garmin/slipstream chipotle

Slipstream uses a pattern often referred to as "argyle". Plaid uses squares, argyle uses diamonds. I personally prefer to wear all brown so when I poop myself riding insanely technical trails such as Six-Mile Run or Allaire State Park, no one can tell.

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

Slipstream uses a pattern often referred to as "argyle". Plaid uses squares, argyle uses diamonds. I personally prefer to wear all brown so when I poop myself riding insanely technical trails such as Six-Mile Run or Allaire State Park, no one can tell.

-Jim.

Yes good catch Jim. I as the largest supporter of argyle on the board am glad to see the record set straight.

my goatbak is awesome. they're not sold in the US yet but they will be all over the trails in '09
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. salsa 11* sweep flat bars: Make SSing so much more comfy

2. Gore Radiator Glove: SOLID glove down into the low 20s

1. Blackburn Flea Rear Light: Bright, rechargeable, awesome.
BLACLIGH450000000000_1_thumb.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Ok, fo' realz now...

The NiteRider MiNewt Mini-USB headlight. This thing is an absolute must for commuting at night. Those little AA battery headlights just don't cut it and you'll end getting killed out there. It's 110+ Lumens, extremely lightweight, and can be charged with a USB wire from your computer while you're at work. They also do a Plus version that comes with a helmet mount. This thing is bright enough to ride at night in the woods. Peep it.

http://www.niterider.com/prod_minmini.shtml

-Jim.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
1. Blackburn Flea Rear Light: Bright, rechargeable, awesome.
i agree, notice the argyle patern in the light

i second jim v

MiNewt Mini-USB, LED Li-Ion

a sweet utility light for less than 100 bux

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
The NiteRider USB is a good device. My problem with it is, I mount the battery on the top tube where I either unintentionally disconnect it or hit the velcro strap with my knee and the battery works itself free. The stem might be another option.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
The NiteRider USB is a good device. My problem with it is, I mount the battery on the top tube where I either unintentionally disconnect it or hit the velcro strap with my knee and the battery works itself free. The stem might be another option.
the usb niterider, i mount on the helmet,

however the niterider minewt dual i mount on top tube

on the usb, there's no light on battery indicating if its fully charged, or dying, and i already bent/damaged the AC adapter, (metal piece that gets inserted into the battery)

i purchased niterider usb as a helmet/2nd light, if i go "deep into da woods" i like to bring both usb niterider and the minewt dual, the usb last about 3 hours, so you really need to be conscious of when and where you are

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
product of the year: and the winner is...

p_00011.jpg

Planet Bike BRT Strap Multi-Use LED Bicycle Safety Light

the niterider products came in 2nd and i'll tell you why:

they didn't standardize there batteries. the lights, chargers and batteries should all be interchangeable.

Last night the minewt dual, turned red (dying) in less than 1 hr. i monkeyed with cable and turned blue again, the usb minewt helmet, the charger cable is shody, the part you plug in battery is jiggly after only several uses and there's no light at all indicating if its charging or dyeing ( yes the red light shows if its plugged in so you know if you paid pse&g or not)

that being said niterider makes some great products, they just need to raise the bar next time.

congrats to bike planet!!

happy cycling

Top Bottom