My new ride!

Wobbegong

because the seat looks low compared to the top tube length, bars/stem are high, etc....

The short femur comment is because of the saddle position, its really forward.

I'm not dissing the fit, I have no idea how big you are and photos can be deceiving.

I dont think J's intentions were to be disrespectful to the fitter. J has a creepy skillset for bike fit. He can look at you and tell you how long your legs are, it f'd me up when he basically rattled off my numbers from just looking at me. I measured my standover, height, ect. J nailed the measurements just looking at me. He is always looking at bikes and how they relate to the rider.

Nice bike by the way. I like the look of that frame.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Your gonna love it...

I have owned about 4 Specialized Roubaix since they first came out in 2004. The geometry allows you to ride fast all day long. It is super comfortable without sacrificing speed. Enjoy!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you dissing a fit from another mtbnj supporting shop based on a photo...
when you didn't even see the rider?
Uncool, JDog.

i didn't read it that way at all. he didn't mention anything about whether the shop fit him or not (IIRC, anyway). it's a fair question.

hellofa nice bike though. hopefully i'll be posting a pretty pic soon too. maybe.

RNG1

Really Nice ride! I am trying to connect with the btcnj ride this sunday that Ellen mentioned, let me know if you want to head over there together. ( I'm the CLoster guy).

Robson

Really Nice ride! I am trying to connect with the btcnj ride this sunday that Ellen mentioned, let me know if you want to head over there together. ( I'm the CLoster guy).
Sure, let me know when you have more details.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Are you dissing a fit from another mtbnj supporting shop based on a photo...
when you didn't even see the rider?
Uncool, JDog.

Not really..

Funny thing about typing stuff. Sometimes the reader might throw their own spin on the comment.

I was mostly asking fair questions about his body shape.

I see 100's of road bikes a year for fitting and this bike breaks some laws of averages. That being said, I know a few guys who need a very severely odd bike shape to work for their body shape.

The rider may have some fuse vertebrae or injury that may also mandate a less than average setup.

Most of the 100+ seven frames I have built as customs are built in shapes that you could not find in a stock bike.

If the bike in question is indeed a good fit (which it most likely is) than he is a fair candidate for a custom bike. This does not mean that it is needed, just that it wouldn't be a bad idea.

In this case a shorter seatube, a steeper seattube angle, and perhaps a longer headtube.

For this given bike my only suggestion is a center mount seatpost. Because the post clamp is not centered on the rails, there is some chance of bending or breaking the rails.

Does that add some clarification on my questions?

I found a photo of my friend Gabe's bike. Just looking at his bike alone makes my skin crawl (in terms of position), but Gabe can ridein the drops for 1/2 and hour at a time. He is just a weird shaped human (WSH).

Attachments

• n1477516476_213627_812.jpg
    n1477516476_213627_812.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Beautiful bike! I was thinking of getting that same frame as my road race frame, but I'm going to sell my crit bike, CAAD8, for an SL2 or Rivet once this season if over :getsome:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
nice ride,rob!!
are you became a roadies now>:D

It's a sweet, sweet frame with major drool factor components.
If it were any smaller, I'd knock him off that bike and race away with it.;)

Now I'm both, roadie and mtb:D
And now you need to join the club:
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/group.php?groupid=2

So, If riding the road makes one a cyclist
and riding road and mtb makes a bi-cyclist,
wouldn't riding road, mtb and cross make a tri-cyclist?
:hmmm:

Top Bottom