My maiden assessment

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well yesterday was my first ride on my misfitpsycles dessent 29er ss fully ridged at deer park. I have been riding mt. bikes for a good 20+ years and obviously started fully ridged on an old panisonic and have not been since I put a elastamor rockshock on 970 trek in early '90s. With that said I was a resitant to big wheels, singlespeed, and definitely ridged, I thought whats the point, Boredom? Well I'm here to say that I loved all the freedoms of not thinking of what gear to choose and just attack the hill. I feel that warm fuzzy feeling people have talked about those big wheels just rolling over everything, what really amazed me is how the bike just rocked and fit without a tinker here or there. Will I give up my little wheeled squish, probably not but with all those pivots and such it won't see the light unless it's dry or when I want to play where big hits are on the menu. I just can't wait to take it out again. What were the reasons you went 29" and were you a resistant like me, are you ridged and isn't singlespeed the only to go? Sorry for the rambling must be drunk on all this koolaid.......

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
still resistant for the mtb, however, not so secretly my 29 wheeled bikes out number my 26er 2:1, both rigid and in a strange turn of events one is now a fixie.

Wobbegong

still resistant for the mtb, however, not so secretly my 29 wheeled bikes out number my 26er 2:1, both rigid and in a strange turn of events one is now a fixie.

I have one of those big wheeled bikes too. Mine is a Six 13. :)

BiknBen

Well yesterday was my first ride on my misfitpsycles decent 29er ss fully ridged at deer park. ....
....What were the reasons you went 29" and were you a resistant like me, are you ridged and isn't single-speed the only to go?

Wait till the girls notice. 29 inches, rigid, and single!!! You'll be a chick magnet!

My personal transformation to 29er was a bit different than others. I hadn't ridden my GT I-Drive in nearly two years. I sold nearly all my bike stuff to support the purchase of a new R@AD bike. :eek: The thought of not even owning a MTB any more did not sit well with me.

My eBay sales went so well that I had a little extra cash. Just enough to buy a Haro Mary. It was the cheapest trail-worthy bike in the store. It just happened to have 29" wheels. The change was so dramatic that it reinvigorated my MTB riding. It looks like the change has done the same to you. ;)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
rear cog?

do you change your rear cog or find one that suits most parks and what size do most go with?

Top Bottom