My first ride on the Heckler

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Let me start off by saying that my first ride on the Heckler made me realize just how amazing the epic was/is. I have gotten so used to an efficient climber that it's like learning to ride all over again. Just means I need to get more miles under my belt.

Now for the good stuff. I've never been so confident on a downhill before. This bike just eats up anything you throw at it. Granted I didn't get to drop anything but there was quite a few washed out areas that would gobble my epic right up and I had no problem with.

This season certainly was the season for climbing. I did it, and I did it very well. Now it's time to make this all mountain bike climb like an epic. ;)

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Took off early from work to get a little riding in. Had some time to tinker with my suspension and I think I'm almost set the way I like it. Started off by the lake because I wanted to get on the rocks as quick as possible. Again, very impressed at how well this bike rolls over rocks like they're nothing. I'm getting used to the new geometry with the climbs but technical accents are a little odd yet, especially when the rear compresses under my weight. Overall, I'm very happy with my performance and I climbed to the overlook without any problems. Coming down 911 was a blast but a bit slippery on the leaves.

Top Bottom