My first attempt at carbon repair

DIY. I got some touch up paint from Trek. I'll use a white primer base first so it comes out close to the same shade. Won't be perfect but it's not a classic car or something.

Hobby sprayers can be found for $30-40, especially if you can regulate down your compressor (and the line has a filter, so you're not spraying any oil into it). Thin whatever the paint is, and there you go. Else, investigate flowing agents for acrylics (which I believe is what they sell as touchups).

You'll never touch up with brushes again...

Hobby sprayers can be found for $30-40, especially if you can regulate down your compressor (and the line has a filter, so you're not spraying any oil into it). Thin whatever the paint is, and there you go. Else, investigate flowing agents for acrylics (which I believe is what they sell as touchups).

You'll never touch up with brushes again...
I used to have a nice airbrush and was thinking about going that route. Still might..... Maybe one of my little artists want one for Christmas 🤔💡

I used to have a nice airbrush and was thinking about going that route. Still might..... Maybe one of my little artists want one for Christmas 🤔💡

I may have an air brush if you want to borrow and Santa doesn't hook it up

Not helpful but if somehow you can make it look like a legit bandaid it seems like it becomes extra cool IMO lol.

Not helpful but if somehow you can make it look like a legit bandaid it seems like it becomes extra cool IMO lol.
This would be much easier and really make heads turn.
Screenshot_20231215-062025_Chrome.jpg

Quick update. Trek touch up paint didn't come in yet, but I found some enamel that looked like a close match. Did three coats of white primer and then three coats of this generic orange. It actually came out pretty good.

I plan to blend it in on both ends with the touch up paint and then clear coat. Should look pretty good once done

PXL_20231218_181513931.jpg
PXL_20231221_205325636.jpg
PXL_20231223_005740648.jpg

Quick update. Trek touch up paint didn't come in yet, but I found some enamel that looked like a close match. Did three coats of white primer and then three coats of this generic orange. It actually came out pretty good.

I plan to blend it in on both ends with the touch up paint and then clear coat. Should look pretty good once done

View attachment 229748View attachment 229749View attachment 229750
Very nice 👍. I say toss on some patterned frame protection film on it and call it done.

Back
Top Bottom