My fall MTB seaosn is done.

rojasj

I can't post a picture of my boo-boo unless you guys want to see an X-ray and MRI of my left knee. :)

But, long story short two weeks ago I badly injured my left knee while out on my usual run. The injury was caused by...drum roll.... stopping short while on an easy run 'cuas someones pup got loose and while running across me it got startled and snapped at me (I must be a loose dog magnet). Anyway, I stopped short and my left leg became a pogo stick. I limped home and iced the knee and leg half an hour later the pain in my knee and hip were so freaking bad that my left leg would give out upon putting any weight on it. A trip to the ER showed no fractures or breaks, which I am thankful for. A trip to the Ortho and a MRI showed everything is luckily where it should be with no suprises. But, walking is still a painful due to the injuries, but getting a tad better thanks to crutches and a brace. The good news is I can at least ride my mountain bike on the street and that's helping the healing process. So, I guess I'll have to wait to organize an easy Sunday AM Ringwood group ride for the spring?

rojasj

Bummer! Sorry to hear but coulda been worse. Heal up!
Agreed Icebiker, this could have been way worse. I'll be honest I'm almost 50 years old and never once have I been in some much physicla pain that I dragged myself to the ER. I was 100% confident taht they were going to find a fracture, torn miniscus (if any miniscus at all) or a torn ACL.

rojasj

Bummer. But remember biking is excellent knee PT. (Probably) ;)
Agreed, I have to say I'm really digging riding my full suspension mountian bike on my usual road bike loops. It may become my main ride even on the road or one day roadbike the next day mountianbike loop. yes, it's slower per say but I just dig the feel.

rojasj

Heal up, loose dog owners need to be issued choke collars
The dog was probably running around thinking "yeah baby..freedom and no rules!! Oh, crap 185 pound dude coming at me, fast look mean!! That didn't work, just keep running!!!"

rojasj

As my knee and leg heals for next season maybe some of us can put together an early AM ringwood ride? I prefer long climbs up gravel and fire roads. I'm not much into the rock gardens and I have to gauge how my knee is going to respond to the trail rides so long easy trails will b ebetter when I start up again. I've been told the White trail at Ringwood is long and not very technical at all. Is that correct?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Heal up - we'll be here in the spring. hate to hear something like this, but you are a rock star for not injuring an animal that can't think beyond should i f-it, eat it, or defend......

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I cracked my Patella during Bearscat. Super weird injury. Riding doesn't affect it in any way but walking up and down stairs hurts, as does touching it all all.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cracked my Patella during Bearscat. Super weird injury. Riding doesn't affect it in any way but walking up and down stairs hurts, as does touching it all all.

this doesnt make sense to me, (i believe you, just doesnt make sense)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
this doesnt make sense to me, (i believe you, just doesnt make sense)

Idk. It's a weird little bone that doesn't really do anything. Except hold your leg together. If you crack it on the outside you won't feel that while your leg is moving. I guess. I'm not a doctor.

rojasj

Well, I just noticed that on Jorba's site the White trail is described as
Heal up - we'll be here in the spring. hate to hear something like this, but you are a rock star for not injuring an animal that can't think beyond should i f-it, eat it, or defend......

Thanks, it's not the dogs fault. It was just doing what dogs do and that's run around. It was just bad timing.

Dajerseyrat

That irks me, pet owners who let them run free on public trails..Not only do I have to worry about running you over, but your precious little teacup Chihuahua too? I was riding my local trails one time which are usually deserted, and turned the corner to see a large, mean looking German Sheppard standing there staring at me aggressively with no owner in sight...I stopped dead in my tracks and began to reach for my side arm which I happened to be carrying that day. Luckily the owner was about a 1/4 mile back and called it and it actually listened. I was actually terrified for a second..

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Comes down to training and temperament. There are some really great trail dogs out there... but there’s also trail Menaces too. (That goes double for some owners). Heal up!

Top Bottom