The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

terrabike01

Playing it safe...some more graveling....

Resized_20200404_134701.jpeg
Resized_20200404_113558.jpeg
Resized_20200404_110105.jpeg
Resized_20200404_100421.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
4/4

Spent most of the day outside - lots of small task - clean up, trimming. planning.
The best part is walking around to see the stage of each plant.

The grapes are just pushing out buds. I didn't trim them this year, just let them ride.
We don't eat them anyway, just the birds, so it doesn't matter if ya get a bunch of small ones, or a group of big ones.

IMG_5593.jpg

Blueberries are showing a little green - these will all be flowers.
IMG_5592.jpg

Cherry tree is thinking about blooming. I noticed some are out - this one is getting old for a dwarf.

IMG_5591.jpg

Some pine cones - cause they don't happen every year. quite a few on this soft needle pine.
I planted it about 25 years ago - as a 12" start.
IMG_5589.jpg

The flowering pears have been out for more than a week now - but the ones that fruit are just thinking about it.
This week! They need to make sure the bees are buzzing -
IMG_5588.jpg

Peaches don't care - this one is just starting to bloom
IMG_5587.jpg

This peach is rocking! it was full of honey bees. worst job of shaping a fruit tree ever.
IMG_5586.jpg

Apricot - going in the ground this week. We grew it from a stone. couple years old now.
IMG_5584.jpg

mr bluebird was chased from his bluebird house, and came to visit the wren house -
i chased the sparrows away - hopefully they come back - cause the sparrows are not long
for this world.

IMG_5583.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpg
    IMG_5585.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 40

Mare

4/4
Rode to Newark. There were way too many people out there. The police were making sure that cars didn't park and people don't get out, but there were a ton of people. This was a pretty good ride.

https://strava.app.link/j5mL8Nqbq5

View attachment 124249View attachment 124250View attachment 124251View attachment 124252View attachment 124253View attachment 124254
Cool pics! How did you get your mask thing to stay put? I tried today and it kept falling so I gave up.

goodvibe

Cool pics! How did you get your mask thing to stay put? I tried today and it kept falling so I gave up.
It is specifically a winter gaiter. I ride with it when it is super cold and there is a drawstring on top. It is made by Specialized. Not quite the intention of the gaitor, but at least it is covering my nose and mouth. It was a little warm, and I took it off when I was away from people.

iman29

4/4

Spent most of the day outside - lots of small task - clean up, trimming. planning.
The best part is walking around to see the stage of each plant.

The grapes are just pushing out buds. I didn't trim them this year, just let them ride.
We don't eat them anyway, just the birds, so it doesn't matter if ya get a bunch of small ones, or a group of big ones.

View attachment 124255

Blueberries are showing a little green - these will all be flowers.
View attachment 124256

Cherry tree is thinking about blooming. I noticed some are out - this one is getting old for a dwarf.

View attachment 124257

Some pine cones - cause they don't happen every year. quite a few on this soft needle pine.
I planted it about 25 years ago - as a 12" start.
View attachment 124259

The flowering pears have been out for more than a week now - but the ones that fruit are just thinking about it.
This week! They need to make sure the bees are buzzing -
View attachment 124260

Peaches don't care - this one is just starting to bloom
View attachment 124261

This peach is rocking! it was full of honey bees. worst job of shaping a fruit tree ever.
View attachment 124262

Apricot - going in the ground this week. We grew it from a stone. couple years old now.
View attachment 124264

mr bluebird was chased from his bluebird house, and came to visit the wren house -
i chased the sparrows away - hopefully they come back - cause the sparrows are not long
for this world.

View attachment 124265
That was quite the virtual garden and nature tour thanks. ?

Top Bottom