The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Playing cards with the family. This is one of the things we can all do together outside of meals. Zac won.

A9BC089B-DF3D-40E7-BC95-F3AEA16F1B1C.jpeg

Mare

3/25
started the day with a bang and the hits kept comin’. I usually go first on our weekly report out, so after that I rode around on mute for the painful last hour of the call. Beat most of the rain. Then after dinner was the tryout for Den Meeting via Zoom, so I let my bride handle the tech, and back out I went. Upon return I noticed this gal peeking over the fence:

View attachment 123019
She sure could inject some cashola into the local economy with minimal effort. Hopefully soon....

Am I the only one that thinks of this?

Karate Monkey

Cat on a lap.
View attachment 122882

Popcorn in the afternoon. Believe me there's popcorn cooking.
View attachment 122883
My view from today's meeting.

View attachment 122884

Took me a few seconds to figure where that was, with Sandy Hook in the background...then I saw the trellis in the corner. I have to admit that I've been avoiding riding on the road when the trails are wet; 2 years out from being hit, almost, and every time I hit the road, I have another uncomfortable encounter.

I get that most people are okay, but it seems like I encounter an abnormal number of the shitty ones. Case in point, as I was riding through [mostly deserted] Belmar on the way to Allaire, I was buzzed by 2 people who refused to get any closer to the double yellow. The bridge out is a huge PITA, by the way. I mean, I understand why it needs to be worked on, but the detour is crap for cyclists.

qclabrat

3/25
First time getting groceries delivered and used Instacart today since it has the places I normally shop. Original delivery date was supposed to be Tuesday but it came at 10pm today. Luckily I was looking at the app otherwise I would not have known they were going to be left at the garage door as instructed, but 5 days early and close to my bedtime.

The shopper made some liberties with replacing sold out items. One odd replacement was my request for 2 spaghetti squashes ended up replaced with 2 zucchinis. There were also 3 errors in the order. One avacado but charged for 4. The shopper noted that he was only able to buy one bag of frozen vegetables but was still charged for 31. But the one which bothered me the most was my request for two Savoy cabbages. Got these instead.
IMG_20200325_220943.jpg

Have another order planned for Costco which I hope will come out better. Supermarkets have so many choices, but there were way too many mistakes. Logged a complaint and expect the company to resolve soon.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/25
First time getting groceries delivered and used Instacart today since it has the places I normally shop. Original delivery date was supposed to be Tuesday but it came at 10pm today. Luckily I was looking at the app otherwise I would not have known they were going to be left at the garage door as instructed, but 5 days early and close to my bedtime.

The shopper made some liberties with replacing sold out items. One odd replacement was my request for 2 spaghetti squashes ended up replaced with 2 zucchinis. There were also 3 errors in the order. One avacado but charged for 4. The shopper noted that he was only able to buy one bag of frozen vegetables but was still charged for 31. But the one which bothered me the most was my request for two Savoy cabbages. Got these instead.
View attachment 123036

Have another order planned for Costco which I hope will come out better. Supermarkets have so many choices, but there were way too many mistakes. Logged a complaint and expect the company to resolve soon.

31 bags of frozen veggies is a lot.

Curious how much it costs.

Top Bottom