My Corona Social Distancing in Isolation Contest

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/25
First time getting groceries delivered and used Instacart today since it has the places I normally shop. Original delivery date was supposed to be Tuesday but it came at 10pm today. Luckily I was looking at the app otherwise I would not have known they were going to be left at the garage door as instructed, but 5 days early and close to my bedtime.

The shopper made some liberties with replacing sold out items. One odd replacement was my request for 2 spaghetti squashes ended up replaced with 2 zucchinis. There were also 3 errors in the order. One avacado but charged for 4. The shopper noted that he was only able to buy one bag of frozen vegetables but was still charged for 31. But the one which bothered me the most was my request for two Savoy cabbages. Got these instead.
View attachment 123036

Have another order planned for Costco which I hope will come out better. Supermarkets have so many choices, but there were way too many mistakes. Logged a complaint and expect the company to resolve soon.
31 bags of frozen veggies is a lot.

Curious how much it costs.

pygmypony

Tell Mrs. P. you'll have her 50th celebration in tandem with the world reopening. Superbash!

I think tomorrow morning I'm gonna hit Edith for dawn patrol. Been meaning to for awhile, methinks no time like the present.
thanks! edith was still very sloppy today, but with the sunshine and some wind today, things should be much better this afternoon / tomorrow...though a chance of some more rain tomorrow AM as well, so keep your eyes on that. regardless, i will be out and about tomorrow AM too (either on the tracks or in the woods) so hopefully i'll see you out there!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
3/26
Got the delivery of my Garmin speed sensor yesterday so I thought an unscientific test was in order.
Wheel size set to 2182 on both the Garmin and CooSpo speed sensors. First run was with the Garmin sensor and Strava running at the same time. The second run was done with the CooSpo sensor.

1. Strava : 1.07 miles
2. Garmin speed sensor 1.06 miles
3. CooSpo speed sensor : 1.03 miles

Below is from GC
Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 11.14.40 AM.png

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
3/26
Got the delivery of my Garmin speed sensor yesterday so I thought an unscientific test was in order.
Wheel size set to 2182 on both the Garmin and CooSpo speed sensors. First run was with the Garmin sensor and Strava running at the same time. The second run was done with the CooSpo sensor.

1. Strava : 1.07 miles
2. Garmin speed sensor 1.06 miles
3. CooSpo speed sensor : 1.03 miles
so 2-3 differed by 150'
or about 15 rotations of the wheel

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you need a longer test than 1 mile, also if its on roads gps signal is fairly strong and not an issue, the discrepancies seem to materialize when on tightly twisting trails (or in a city environment with weak GPS)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
you need a longer test than 1 mile, also if its on roads gps signal is fairly strong and not an issue, the discrepancies seem to materialize when on tightly twisting trails (or in a city environment with weak GPS)
How many miles?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i would say thats dependent on the course. . . go for a 10 mile ride and see what the differences are

or go do the same 1 mile ride with each sensor multiple times. As noted above the difference manifest more in tight twisty stuff than in straight line roads (i dont even have wheel sensors on my road bikes, bc cheap)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
or when it rains, heavy cloud cover or canopy. I have sensors on both my road bikes but don't care on the mtb.