The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

Still coming up with things to do in COVID-world. A friend of a riding buddy found this '84ish Schwinn LeTour set out as trash. It's a 22, I thought it might fit me, and noone else wanted it so I ran up to Basking Ridge and grabbed it. On seeing it for the first time, it looked like junk and I regretted wasting my time, but took it anyway to avoid wasting his time. Then I got it home and started cleaning it off...

It was filthy but if this bike has more than 250 miles on it, I'd be surprised. Barely a speck of grease/dirt on the chainrings and cassette. Original looking Schwinn-branded "Super Record" clinchers. I'm guessing it was a mid-range LeTour back in the day. Sugino ARX derailleurs, Diacompe 500 brakes, and Weinmann rims with double-butted spokes. Rear cassette is 6sp 30-14. It has a bracket for a kickstand. A sticker on the frame says 'Made in America', 4130 Cro-mo stays, and double butted main tubes. Sold by Whippany Cycle way back when.

It's way too small but I've been amusing myself cleaning and polishing it. The decals are in crappy shape but the paint looks really good.

View attachment 139106View attachment 139107
View attachment 139108
I guarantee some New York hipster would pay good money for that. Nice job cleanin ‘er up.

Back
Top Bottom