murphy got me

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i went out for my first "ride" of the season today and .53 miles into it, i ripped my rear derailer (i know it's spelled wrong) right off of my bike. i was on flat ground moving pretty slowly without an obstacle in sight. i had been planning on stopping into marty's (in randolph) but not like this. the damage for my 10 minutes of fun is a new xt derailer, new chain and new cables. one good thing that came out of this is that my wife told me i can go out and play with them on thurs nights when the 'moooch rides start. now i just have to get some mile in on the bike so i don't puke.

btw...are these guys decent mechanics??

Shaggz

A strong 7
that sucks. murphy is really active. my wife scalped my new car of my mountain bike and new yakima rack this weekend when she went to a drive up window. No one was hurt, but we are sorting through almost $6K worth of damage to the car, bike and rack.

BTW, I heard Marty's was a good shop, but too far for me.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i hope so. i had been going to bicycle tech in lincoln park for more than 15 years. i was one of richie's original customers. it's tough to move then try to build that kinda relationship with a new shop. i used to get all kinds of little freebees from them that i know i'm not going to get at marty's. hopefully after a few mooch rides i'll be in the fold there.

C

Capt_phun

I wouldn't say that about Marty's. Once you establish yourself as a regular there I think they will take care of you. they take care of me in Morristown, but then again I also ride with them and we carried there name to a win at the 24 hours of allamuchy in 04.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks 'cap. that's my plan...to start riding with those guys. i'm also most likely going to join the "marty's team" for $80 or whatever it is and try to do my first season of racing. all of that, however, depends on how quickly i can get my legs and lungs back. i've been off the bike for two months now due to house renovations and moving into said house.

SpartaBard

that sucks. murphy is really active. my wife scalped my new car of my mountain bike and new yakima rack this weekend when she went to a drive up window. No one was hurt, but we are sorting through almost $6K worth of damage to the car, bike and rack.

BTW, I heard Marty's was a good shop, but too far for me.

Ha! I remember this!!! Burger King debacle!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
as i was reading it, it seemed legit, almost the end of january and jake still hasn't ridden his bike yet this year

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake didn't want to pay $80 to join the martys team so he formed his own team...and the rest is history.

Top Bottom