MTBNJ Skills Clinics return for 2015

BiknBen

MTBNJ is bringing back the successful MTB skills clinics that we offered last year. Over 80 people attended one of the 6 clinics and the feedback was excellent. We'll be making minor adjustments to the series. The biggest improvements? Smaller group size so each participant gets more attention. The series will now consist of three levels of riding so each clinic will be a little shorter and more specific. The clinics got a little long last year.

Spring clinic dates for Fundamental MTB Skills
Sat. April 18th at Lewis-Morris
Sat. April 25 at Clayton Park
Sat. May 9th at Van Horne Park near Halter's Cycles

The Fundamentals clinic will be offered throughout the year as long as there is demand. Intermediate and Advanced skills clinics will be added later in the year to allow people to progress to the next level. The locations will vary so look for a clinic near you soon.

For those hearing of this for the first time, the instruction is led by me. I am the founder of Cognition Coaching and an IMBA certified MTB skills instructor. I'm one of ten IMBA Instructor Trainers in the US and IMBA sends me around the east coast hosting skills and guiding courses.

Expect very professional and thorough instruction. Everyone, even seasoned riders, will walk away with new skills or a better appreciation of those skills they already have. Check out this video from one of the 2014 clinics. Each clinic sold out last year so don't hesitate and register quickly.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was looking forward to these last year and missed out. Reg'd!

jackx

MTBNJ is bringing back the successful MTB skills clinics that we offered last year. Over 80 people attended one of the 6 clinics and the feedback was excellent. We'll be making minor adjustments to the series. The biggest improvements? Smaller group size so each participant gets more attention. The series will now consist of three levels of riding so each clinic will be a little shorter and more specific. The clinics got a little long last year.

Spring clinic dates for Fundamental MTB Skills
Sat. April 18th at Lewis-Morris
Sat. April 25 at Clayton Park
Sat. May 9th at Van Horne Park near Halter's Cycles

The Fundamentals clinic will be offered throughout the year as long as there is demand. Intermediate and Advanced skills clinics will be added later in the year to allow people to progress to the next level. The locations will vary so look for a clinic near you soon.

For those hearing of this for the first time, the instruction is led by me. I am the founder of Cognition Coaching and an IMBA certified MTB skills instructor. I'm one of ten IMBA Instructor Trainers in the US and IMBA sends me around the east coast hosting skills and guiding courses.

Expect very professional and thorough instruction. Everyone, even seasoned riders, will walk away with new skills or a better appreciation of those skills they already have. Check out this video from one of the 2014 clinics. Each clinic sold out last year so don't hesitate and register quickly.

Would be interested in hearing if there may be any additional beginner clinics in Morristown. Thanks!

rick81721

Lothar
I will also echo recos for this - I did 2 last year, beginner and intermediate and it really helped my riding. Ben is a great coach - highly recommend these!

BiknBen

Would be interested in hearing if there may be any additional beginner clinics in Morristown. Thanks!

We will return to Lewis-Morris periodically. The sunrise lot provides a great location for these clinics.

jackx

Great! My sister wants to start MTBing and she can't make any of the 3 Spring dates.

qclabrat

Ben, I'm almost in for the LM date, it's my daughter b-day and being a good dad, asking her for permission...

BiknBen

Looking forward to a great clinic tomorrow. One spot remains for the May 9th date. More dates and the next progression of skills to be announced soon.

qclabrat

thanks Coach Ben for the well conducted clinic today at LewMo
I really needed the fundamentals to build on

fancy log overs and manuals will get there in time
the pedal weighting and body separation techniques have instantly improved my riding confidence
can't wait to take a spin around CR tomorrow morning to continue building on skills

thanks again, very very highly recommended

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for running these clinics, Ben! Picked up a few new skills and looking forward to use them out on the trails. Time to break the old habbits. Looking forward to the next levels!

p.s. Thanks again for hooking me up with the SS spacers. Got quite a mix on there, but it works. Time to get training!

Attachments

• IMG_3758.JPG
    IMG_3758.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 116

qclabrat

@BiknBen, practiced the attack position and pedal weight techniques on CR yesterday on the descents. Had that "sport altering" experience you talked about, similar to to carving for the first time on skis. I used to hang on for the ride down, but having the command side to side and the managing the flow is something I've never felt on a bike. Can't wait for trails to dry off to get out again.

wjwlitespeed

Ben did a terrific job! The clinic had just the right amount of demo and practice without being overwhelming. I feel like my riding skills will improve dramatically as I practice and perfect the skills Ben taught us. Looking forward to future clinics. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom