MTBNJ Ski day?

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I'm sure this has been posted before, from reading the postings I see that there are quite a few skiers/riders here. We should try to get a day and hit the slopes somewhere. At one time in my earlier years I was a bidding pro freestyle skier and a freestyle/ski instructor, I have had the itch in recent years to get back to the snow. Go figure that Tommy lives minutes from Hunter and other areas. One major thing that made me stop skiing was the price of lift tickets (and being thrown off a mountain for jumping over a ski school, I sware it wasn't me) :D Back than I would be chased by ski patrols than getting my lift ticket torn off for going big air and now they have "freeride parks" whatever that means :hmmm: It's all about the money I guess. Could be fun, I may have to rent skis since mine are older and all smashed up!

RC ... :)

Glancing Aft

I'm down. Shar0se and I had tried to get one going last season but it didn't happen (I'll leave the blame on myself). Throw down some dates, and I'll try to swing it.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I'm down. Shar0se and I had tried to get one going last season but it didn't happen (I'll leave the blame on myself). Throw down some dates, and I'll try to swing it.

Hi Glance! (only his friends can call him Glance) :D
How's about any weekend after Xmas? I do have a question, I stoped skiing just when shape skis came out, yes it's been that long :mad: My skis are older and therefore not ... shaped. Do people still use them? will I look like a toad ridin' old skool boards? I really don't want to start buying new ski stuff. I'd like to go a few times this year and was thinking about ... gulp, renting :cry:
I like 170cm length skis I was able to play more on a shorter length. Using 185+ was dangerous for me and others. I've heard when using shape skis one goes to a shorter length. What do you think?

R to the C ... :)
ps: If your going to the H2H dinner we can talk more

Eileen

MTBNJ Ski day sounds awesome!!! If nothing else we should all go to Belleayre for the Tri.

Christina - If you get shaped skis, you can go shorter because they're easier to turn, but you can't get ski advice from a snowboarder ;)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
A ski day sounds like a great idea. RC, if it will make you fell better I'll blow the dust off my old school Rossignal Vipers so you won't feel alone. With shaped skis you should go shorter. I skied on 198s with straight skies and 180 shaped. As for a place, might I suggest Mountain Creek. It is closest and I just got their Triple play card. If you don't know what that is, for $69 you can ski 3 days and it doesn't have to be 3 consecutive days. But I'm also up for a day trip to the Poconos or Hunter/Windham.

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
MTBNJ Ski day sounds awesome!!! If nothing else we should all go to Belleayre for the Tri.

Christina - If you get shaped skis, you can go shorter because they're easier to turn, but you can't get ski advice from a snowboarder ;)

Hey Eileen! I do want to try snow boarding this year, I also heard it can be bad for the knees, is this true? You had mentioned going to Belleayre for Tri ... whats Tri? lord I feel old! young wippersnappers :mad: Ei see ya the awards dinner!

A ski day sounds like a great idea. RC, if it will make you fell better I'll blow the dust off my old school Rossignal Vipers so you won't feel alone. With shaped skis you should go shorter. I skied on 198s with straight skies and 180 shaped. As for a place, might I suggest Mountain Creek. It is closest and I just got their Triple play card. If you don't know what that is, for $69 you can ski 3 days and it doesn't have to be 3 consecutive days. But I'm also up for a day trip to the Poconos or Hunter/Windham.
Tony 3 days of skiing for 69 bucks ... wow! thats a good deal. How much extra would it be for a wheel chair, thats what I'd need to get to my car!

R to the C ... :)

Eileen

Hey Eileen! I do want to try snow boarding this year, I also heard it can be bad for the knees, is this true? You had mentioned going to Belleayre for Tri ... whats Tri? lord I feel old! young wippersnappers :mad: Ei see ya the awards dinner!

IMHO, I think snowboarding can actually be better for your knees because your feet stay connected to the board. You're not going to twist a knee on a board, but it's possible on skis if you catch an edge. The only time I've ever hurt my knee was from landing on it, but you're a tough mountain biker so you'll be fine :p

The Pine Hill Arms Triathlon is a ski-bike-run at the mountain in March. Will and Alyssa did it last year. It looked like fun, I just happened to be up there the same day.

See ya Sunday :cool:

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
At one time in my earlier years I was a bidding pro freestyle skier and a freestyle/ski instructor, I have had the itch in recent years to get back to the snow. Go figure that Tommy lives minutes from Hunter and other areas. One major thing that made me stop skiing was the price of lift tickets (and being thrown off a mountain for jumping over a ski school, I sware it wasn't me) :D Back than I would be chased by ski patrols than getting my lift ticket torn off for going big air and now they have "freeride parks" whatever that means :hmmm:

Jumped over a ski school? Really. I jumped over the lift a Hunter one time.

I do have a question, I stoped skiing just when shape skis came out, yes it's been that long :mad: My skis are older and therefore not ... shaped. Do people still use them? will I look like a toad ridin' old skool boards?

Its not the skis that are going to make you look like a tool.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Jumped over a ski school? Really. I jumped over the lift a Hunter one time.

Its not the skis that are going to make you look like a tool.

Mix you jumped over a lift! wow. Once there was a cool kicker at Hunter near the tower of the upper triple chair, I nailed a 720 helicopter and hit my melon on the foot rest of the chair lift! :cry: Skied the rest of the day and took 10 stitches. Man those were the days, I think whiping a 720 now might be difficult.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
The Pine Hill Arms Triathlon is a ski-bike-run at the mountain in March. Will and Alyssa did it last year. It looked like fun, I just happened to be up there the same day.

See ya Sunday :cool:

Hey Ei! that could be fun ... how far is the run? Maybe I'll go just to cheer ya on!

RC ... :)

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Mix you jumped over a lift! wow. Once there was a cool kicker at Hunter near the tower of the upper triple chair, I nailed a 720 helicopter and hit my melon on the foot rest of the chair lift! :cry: Skied the rest of the day and took 10 stitches. Man those were the days, I think whiping a 720 now might be difficult.

720s are for 8 year old kids. everyone has stepped up their game to be throwning 1080s down the entire half pipe. I'm going to throw a backflip over the lift when I go up to Hunter this weekend.

Top Bottom